DJ mixers with MIDI...
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default DJ mixers with MIDI...

Ok guys so this is my first real post on here looking for information.

Right now I'm running TP2 on my MBP with a Hercules Steel, Kontrol X1 and an Audio 2 DJ (for basic home use).

What I'm looking for is a mixer that can be used to control Traktor without the need for an external audio interface.
    I've looked at all the DJ controllers currently out but as I'll be running 2 Kontrol X1's for the 4 decks I don't need all the extra FX, loop, hot cue functions and I don't scratch so I'm not really bothered about having jog wheels. I don't want to get rid of my X1's because I sometimes use them with CDJ's and may look into adding some to my setup at a later date.

I've been doing some searching on the web and apart form the DJM900 (that's not in my budget at the moment) there doesn't really seem to be anything apart from the controllers. Basically all I'm after is an S4 with the ends cut off that can be used with CDJ's...

Any help will be greatly appreciated x

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

http://www.dm-pro.eu/en/denondj/prod...ital-dj-mixer/

My advice is keep saving for a good mixer rather than buying a meh one, you will save money in the long run and it's well worth the wait. Certified mixers ain't cheap.

Another option is going for a used Allen 4D and ditching the X1s.
    Last edited by padi_04; 03-10-2012 at 05:24 AM.

I might be mistaken but it sounds like what your looking for is

Denon X1600 for 4 channels with soudcard and midi
    or
    Denon x600 for 2 channels with sound card

check them out.
    It's not the gear. It's how you use it.
    limitations are the source of creativity.
    If you don't practice you don't want it.

http://soundcloud.com/zimfella

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    http://www.dm-pro.eu/en/denondj/prod...ital-dj-mixer/

My advice is keep saving for a good mixer rather than buying a meh one, you will save money in the long run and it's well worth the wait. Certified mixers ain't cheap.

Another option is going for a used Allen 4D and ditching the X1s.
    I looked at the 4D but as said it would mean ditching the X1's. I'd rather keep them because I use them with Traktor when I'm using CDJ's else where.

Quote Originally Posted by zimfella View Post

or

check them out.
    I've got the Denon on my list along with a Korg zero4 that I'm keeping an eye on going for a decent price in my budget. If it comes to it and my only choice is to go for a controller I may go with the Xone DX as it has the ideal mixer look I'm after, but then it still has all the extra stuff I don't need because I've got my X1's and £150 is a lot of money jus so you can search through your tracks without touching the computer.

I decided not to go with a mixer with internal soundcard as it's not practical to lug that to a club or bar to play. I'm sure you've considered that, just incase you have'nt thought i'd mention it.
    It's not the gear. It's how you use it.
    limitations are the source of creativity.
    If you don't practice you don't want it.

http://soundcloud.com/zimfella

what about waiting for one of these... think they are gonna be 2-300 usd
    im pretty siked about modular controllers myself

http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/CMD-MM-1.aspx
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

Quote Originally Posted by Deejaesnafu View Post
    what about waiting for one of these... think they are gonna be 2-300 usd
    im pretty siked about modular controllers myself

http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/CMD-MM-1.aspx
    I was actually looking at this. That paired with my X1's could be a possibility and there's always the option to add the extras to it if I needed.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_08 View Post
    I looked at the 4D but as said it would mean ditching the X1's. I'd rather keep them because I use them with Traktor when I'm using CDJ's else where.

I've got the Denon on my list along with a Korg zero4 that I'm keeping an eye on going for a decent price in my budget. If it comes to it and my only choice is to go for a controller I may go with the Xone DX as it has the ideal mixer look I'm after, but then it still has all the extra stuff I don't need because I've got my X1's and £150 is a lot of money jus so you can search through your tracks without touching the computer.
    Xone DX is a nice unit at good price point currently (got mine for $470 USD). Just remember it is not a stand-alone analog mixer - it works by routing through computer - which is sounds like you have already researched.

Definitely sounds like you want to go with a mixer with an Input Matrix - assignable channels. Denon and A&E come to mind, and Behringer owners seem to be complete content with their products.
    Xone DX, SE-DJ5000, Itch
    http://soundcloud.com/eizhauz

Well I was watching a Korg Zero 4 on eBay but someone jumped in at the last moment with a higher bid, and I've been after a Xone DX but none of the shops stock them anymore and they don't seem to pop up on eBay that often.

I've been doing a bit more thinking and searching on the web and I'm partially tempted by the Behringher DDM4000 (being an ok price) it's only going to be for my own personal use and maybe the odd party so it doesn't need to be a DJM900. The thing is I have a gig this weekend so would need to buy one this week to be able to sit down and have a play with it. I've seen loads of threads with people having issues with sound, control, mappings etc so it's a little off putting as I don't want to go out and buy one then have to revert back to my old setup for the gig.

As said, I want a mixer I can use to control the faders, eqs etc in TP2 and I'll use my X1's for looping, fx, loading and browsing.

Quote Originally Posted by zimfella View Post

or

check them out.
    Ditto

The Denon X1600 is Traktor Certified.
    1 Denon DNX1600, 2 Technics SL1200MKII, 1 Pioneer DDJ SX, 1 Reloop Terminal Mix2, 1 MBP running VDJ/Traktor/Serato SL/DJ
    Soundcloud
    Vimeo
    Facebook

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast