Current Top 40 /remixs
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Current Top 40 /remixs

So i might be playing at the campus bar next friday,(st.patty's day weekend) and theyve asked for a good top 40 dj (preferably id love to play some LBL or Fedde, but w.e) and i guess i need some top 40, so i was wondering if anyone had any good top 40 remixs of current songs kicking around. And before people say i should take a gig that not my style/im not prepared for. It the campus club, it could lead to a monday night residency (ohh joy):

Tech Guru

If you're talking about like electro remixes or whatever your gnna find that for the most part people just wanna hear the original. I see a lot of people that think that playing house/electro/etc. remixes of Top 40 music is the same as playing Top 40. Maybe its different where u live.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manchild View Post
    If you're talking about like electro remixes or whatever your gnna find that for the most part people just wanna hear the original.
    Yes, a thousand times yes... If people want Top40 they want the Radio Edit or the Extended version cus that's what they have bought themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by manchild View Post
    I see a lot of people that think that playing house/electro/etc. remixes of Top 40 music is the same as playing Top 40. Maybe its different where u live.
    Exactly right.

It's cool to play some remixes of Top40. Some are good remixes but most are not. They are electro house tracks with the vocal track over the top and therefore not the same song and it's understandable when people get pissed.

I've got electro remixes of indie tracks but I wouldn't assume to think that the average indie kid wants to hear the Dolby Anol remix of Kings Of Leon, cus its shit and its not indie.

Saying that the Jacques Lu Cont remix of Katy Perrys new single is a belter but it hasn't been released yet

If you want **dance** remixes (whatever that means) of Top 40 tracks search 'Bimbo Jones' on iTunes.

Tech Mentor

Join a promo pool.

Some promos will release with a club version, or a set of remixes later after the single becomes a hit.

Best way to get the top 40 remix stuff that still has a semblance to the original tune.

Quote Originally Posted by 1mco View Post
    theyve asked for a good top 40 dj... i guess i need some top 40
    damn straight
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Wizard

click here fee downloads of your favorite remixes.
    http://www.remixchart.com/

i would just tell you not to take the gig. Go look at the billboard chart or listen to your local pop radio station and write down the songs. honestly dont hurt your dj reputation by throwing down a set of stuff that they dont want to hear. If its not your cup of tea why even consider the gig tbh

Tech Wizard

From previous experience. If you have to play a remix (most people prefer you not to) then play a remix that still has all the words to sing along too.

most chart dance music have extended versions you may find easier to blend ? Like example and david guetta and all that stuff :s

Its painful to play but if it gets you on the ladder then just do it! You can add your own flare and keep moving up once you get a residency.

Again check out the DMc digital download site alot of their remixes they have on their promo onlys are basically extended of the original

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast