DDJ-Ergo V with Traktor

Default DDJ-Ergo V with Traktor

Hey all ;

I was talking to a friend who really love to get in this business and he asked me quesiton about the pioneer s ergo v.He told me that he loved the desing and wanted to buy and ı told that s2 would be much better but he doesnt want it.The question he asked was a hard one that ı never even think of.Can you make traktor software on ergo v ? As ı understand he doesnt want to use virtual dj.Anyone have any idea ?
    Macbook Pro-Mixmeister Fusion-Traktor Pro 2-Audio 2

The Ergo can be mapped to Traktor-he should be aware, though, that it is not plug-and-play and will have to either make his own mapping or download one from somewhere (as well as purchase Traktor).

The more pressing issue is, why would he want an Ergo over an S2 anyways?

Quote Originally Posted by Major Major View Post
    The more pressing issue is, why would he want an Ergo over an S2 anyways?
    This^^
    MacBook Pro 15" 2.0GHZ i7. Kontrol S4. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5. MidiFighter Classic. Aiaiai TMA-1.

Don't get me wrong, the Ergo has some nice features for a controller in its price range, but the S2 is cheaper, has even more functionality, a better sound card (IMO), and it is a little bit more respectable. I know Pioneer gear has an appeal because it's Pioneer, but the Ergo's light show looks like the love child between a blender and some candy ravers' glowsticks.

The ERGO has a .tsi file straight from Pioneer.

Tell him to try them both and buy what he wants.
    Cheers!
    | 13" rMBP | KORG ZERO4 | NOVATION TWITCH | 2 X CDJ-200 | KONTROL X1 |

Thanks a lot.Let me go and try to change his mind to S2.First of all i want to buy pioneer but after this forum ı bought S2 Let me go and try.
    Macbook Pro-Mixmeister Fusion-Traktor Pro 2-Audio 2

Tech Convert

I use the Ergo with Pioneer's Traktor 2 mapping and it works flawlessly for me. I would recommend it, however you would seem to be getting more bang for your buck with the S2 as Traktor 2 is included with it. But the S2 does not have dedicated filter knobs, unlike the Ergo.
    Pioneer DDJ-Ergo - Traktor 2 - English/Bhangra/Hindi DJ

Quote Originally Posted by Serkan Yerdan View Post
    Thanks a lot.Let me go and try to change his mind to S2.First of all i want to buy pioneer but after this forum ı bought S2 Let me go and try.
    I recommend reading DJTT's review of the Ergo. It gives some good insight on the performance features as ll as opinions on the aesthetic of the controller. It's also worth noting that the Ergo can control 4 decks natively with VDJ. If, like below, you're worried about the S2 not having filters, you can remap the gain knobs-not the best solution, but a solution nonetheless.
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Deepz View Post
    I use the Ergo with Pioneer's Traktor 2 mapping and it works flawlessly for me. I would recommend it, however you would seem to be getting more bang for your buck with the S2 as Traktor 2 is included with it. But the S2 does not have dedicated filter knobs, unlike the Ergo.
    How do you like the mapping? I would expect that it includes four deck support.

Tech Convert

Yeah it includes four deck support, I haven't really used four decks much yet though. I actually really like it, I used to use Virtual DJ and I tried Serato Intro also but they really don't compare to Traktor. I'm not a scratch DJ but the jogwheels work great with Traktor, the only complaint with the mapping I have is the FX. But that's just because I haven't really learnt how to use it correctly haha.
    Pioneer DDJ-Ergo - Traktor 2 - English/Bhangra/Hindi DJ