traktor scratch pro upgrade - will make me a happy owner of both TSP and TP?
    Tech Wizard

Default traktor scratch pro upgrade - will make me a happy owner of both TSP and TP?

Hi

probably this has been discussed and answered several times, tried to search but found nothing. OK didn't search too hard...

I have Traktor Scratch 1.3.1 right now... since I bought an Hercules MK2 for a very cheap price and since it is mostly useless with TS because there is no internal mixer option i was thinking to upgrade to TSP because I read somewhere (don't remember where) that now TSP and TP are practically the same software...
    does this mean that if I upgrade to TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO I will have also the same capabilities of someone who owns only the PRO version (not Scratch)?
    In a few words, if I upgrade from my TS 1.3.1 to TSP (whatever version is out now), will I have a "switch timecode option on/off" on the TSP software which will allow me to use the software with timecode when I play at the club and to use the MKII with the internal mixer when I need it (at home for example)?
    Could someone clarify this?

I'm growing up and you know that old people need reassurances....

Thank you!

Luca

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

If you get Traktor Scratch Pro you will have full control of Traktor Pro for both time code AND internal mixing.

So you will be able to do what you are asking.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    If you get Traktor Scratch Pro you will have full control of Traktor Pro for both time code AND internal mixing.

So you will be able to do what you are asking.
    wooooohoooooooo, with "get" you mean "upgrade to", don't you?

thanks!

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Yeah all you need is the Traktor Scratch Pro Uprgade for owners of Traktor Scratch (79euros).
    This gives you EVERYTHING. Complete Traktor Pro with DVS plugin. It has the option to be run as Traktor Pro with Internal or External Mixer or as Traktor Scratch Pro with timecode. There is no difference in features (like with the old T3/TS).

You can have one setup saved for just using a Midi controller so that there are no Calibration Circle and use the Internal mixer and another one for DVS or even one for a mixed setup. You can simple Name 2 different Layouts and 2 different TSI (the new TKS) and switch between the 2.

So the answer is a big fat YES. Do It

btw TSP is a whole separate program. So you can have your old TS still intact to rely on whilst you learn TSP. They live totally separately on your machine.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Yeah all you need is the Traktor Scratch Pro Uprgade for owners of Traktor Scratch (79euros).
    This gives you EVERYTHING. Complete Traktor Pro with DVS plugin. It has the option to be run as Traktor Pro with Internal or External Mixer or as Traktor Scratch Pro with timecode. There is no difference in features (like with the old T3/TS).

You can have one setup saved for just using a Midi controller so that there are no Calibration Circle and use the Internal mixer and another one for DVS or even one for a mixed setup. You can simple Name 2 different Layouts and 2 different TSI (the new TKS) and switch between the 2.

So the answer is a big fat YES. Do It

btw TSP is a whole separate program. So you can have your old TS still intact to rely on whilst you learn TSP. They live totally separately on your machine.
    sounds good... expecially the fact that I can keep TS working... thanks for the tip...

+1

yep i have done it few weeks that, and its true.
    DJ Blofeld - The Evil Genius
    I shall look forward personally to exterminating you, Mr. Bond.” Ernst Stavro Blofeld to 007
    Doomsday device: TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO, AUDIO 8, VCI-100black 1.3, 2x Technics SL1210mkII