[UK only] Who has insurance for their gear?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default [UK only] Who has insurance for their gear?

My gear is covered at home by home insurance, but this weds I'm taking my mixer and CDJs down to a gig and I'm thinking some DJ specific insurance might not be a bad idea. My laptop as a minimum comes with me to every gig anyway so it really should be covered...

anyways, I've found http://www.djguard.co.uk/ which looks to be reasonably priced.

What are your thoughts and what have you all done about insurance?

Thanks, FEP.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Mentor

Maybe you should look into professional insurance. Insurance for a business or job.

As a restaurant owner I have bought insurance for my staff and contractors so if they bring personal or work related items to work their property is insured as well.

There is all sorts of different ways to go about insurance.

I'll speak to the club manager and see what their cover is. I REALLY don't want someone to kill my gear with a stray drink and it not be covered.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

I had some last year while i was running my own night, i took my CDJs and mixer down because the front room equipment was shit, plus i had 2 other DJs with laptops. I cant remember who it was with but they were brilliant in paying out when a drink went over one of the laptops (a fight broke out and a few drinks got thrown about) I'm at work just now but when i get home im sure ive still got a flyer of theirs floating about. It was something like £12 odd a month and that covered me up to £5k
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

i just have my house insurance but the policy covers my gear in and out of the house, basically wherever i am anything i have with me is covered.... thinking of it tho.. if the premiums are low enough it may be worth having dedicated insurance simply so that my premium doesnt go up should anything happen.
    MBP / 8gb Ram / 1TB / SSL / Rane SL2 / HD25's / Dicers / Empty Bank Account

Tech Mentor

http://www.allianzmusicalinsurance.c...policy/djs.asp got this recommended prob be less than a tenner a month
    Last edited by Itchy Gash; 03-11-2012 at 08:09 AM.

I'm using DJ Guard, got all my stuff covered on that for about £12 a month, I haven't made a claim on it yet (hope I don't have to!) I think I read someone on here had though and it was pretty hassle free
    MacBook Pro 15" 2.0GHZ i7. Kontrol S4. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5. MidiFighter Classic. Aiaiai TMA-1.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Endsleigh Music Instrument Insurance.

It's similar to DJ Guard on price although my cover was cheaper at Endsleigh than with DJ Guard (i got quotes from both).
    I have £10,000 of cover. All items covered for accidental damage, theft etc from my home and certain "named items" are covered for theft from a locked vehicle, damage at a club by a pissed clubber and covered when left in the club at the managers permission. I'm also covered if i'm mugged. It includes personal injury so if i lose a finger putting it somewhere i shouldn't im covered.

One thing they do not cover is Public Liability which DJ Guard does. But I have got £10 Million DJ PLI for way less than DJ Guard with a different company.

I haven't needed to make a claim but I know a guy that has claimed for 2 pairs of CDJ's and a Macbook (3 different claims) and they barely asked him what happened, they just replaced old for new.

DJ Guard is good but check Endsleigh cus you can tailor the cover a bit so it works a bit cheaper. For instance, I dont take my studio monitors out the house so they don't need cover for outside the house. My gig gear is covered for theft from a van but my studio stuff isn't. Helps bring the price down.

Yeah it was DJ gurard i was with btw.. absolutely no hassle in replacing one of the DJs mbps'
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast