DJM900, TSP2 timecode drop out problem
    Tech Guru

Default DJM900, TSP2 timecode drop out problem

I've had the nexus for a few weeks now and gigged with it twice. the first night it was 100% perfect, but this week after about 2 hours tsp glitched the audio then stopped reading the timecode properly so had to just use sync with internal playback control. recalibrated the timecode but that didnt work, neither mk1 or 2 timecode. in the end had to restart tsp, then it worked fine until the end.

anyone had this issue before?
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

I assume you're talking about vinyl? I've heard about some substantial issues with the CD timecode currently, but I don't have CDJs so I couldn't help you there. I haven't had any timecode issues with vinyl though. However, when I'm setting up I do need to tell the Nexus Settings Utility what I want each deck to do in terms of routing for the timecode every time (idk why it doesn't do that automatically). I'm also running 2.1.2 though, which I believe had some timecode fixes in it.

What firmware is your Nexus running? How about the driver version?

Tech Wizard

what cdj's are you using?

Tech Guru

cdj1000mk3 in the club, 800mk1s at home
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

I think there's some more discussion of the issue on the NI forums. I know some of my DJ friends who have used Traktor timecode with CDs switched back to Serato because of the issues with Traktor's CD timecode. Granted, they didn't troubleshoot the issue much. If you'd like to ship me a pair of CDJs I could help troubleshoot more (2000s, if you please, but 900s would be okay - kidding) but in lack of that I can't be of more help aside from saying: Try uninstalling your NXS driver and reinstalling it, try updating the firmware on your DJM 900 (need an ethernet cable, just FYI), and try updating and/or reinstalling Traktor (make sure to back it up first!). Good luck, and let us know what you find.

Tech Wizard

I am running the same setup and have had no problems after I updated the nexus driver. Are u using the digital input or line?
    2x CDJ 900 | DJM 900 Nexus | TSP2 | 2011 15" MacBook Pro 2.2Ghz | KRK RP6 | Sennheiser HD 25-1 mkII

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Argos View Post
    I am running the same setup and have had no problems after I updated the nexus driver. Are u using the digital input or line?
    im running the latest firmware already...i had tested it out in my house extensively, and had used it live the week before...could be a one off, was just looking to see if anyone else had experienced the same. never had timecode drop out like that before when using my audio 8.

im using line in just. have the latest drivers too...