PeteWoods setup
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PeteWoods setup

Default PeteWoods setup

Alrighty there? This is my setup thread, a few days before a big purchase and then another one on the horizon for my birthday, so I wanna sort of chart my progress with my setup in this thread.

I started on a Novation Nocturn, which i used for transport, eq, mixing and effects.
    I then bought an Audio 4.
    Then i made the ridiculously bad purchase of the Numark M3, which is an incredibly bad mixer.
    Then I added 1210s, and completed my setup.
    I got a Korg Kaossilator at Christmas time, but I decided it wasnt for me.

Both the Nocturn and Kaossilator are for sale on the Buy & Sell forum at the moment to fund an X1! RIGHT HERE

IMG_0006[1].jpg

Finally got the monitors I've so badly needed for so long! excellent for my newly found love of production as well! Need to get some stands for the monitors, and getting a keyboard soon for producing off a friend of mine who bought it then never used it. Next on the hit list is a new mixer, and a small soundcard to record into my mothers laptop as i cant seem too make Ableton work with my laptop soundcard while i use my audio 4, anyone have any advice on a good really cheap card? doesnt have to be very high quality, its just to record sets for podcasts!

Last edited by PeteWoods; 08-14-2012 at 07:24 PM. Reason: adding link

It is with great regret that I had to sell my Nocturn I really need the cash so I had to sell it, though I'm starting the saving for an X1 soon! It's gonna be weird for me not mixing with effects anymore, though the last time I did it i found I played with the EQs a lot more and carving the sound with the 3 bands to give filter sweep-esque effects, which I use often now in conjunction with the effects. Onwards and now controllerless!

Got the X1 i've wanted for over a year and a half, and it's really blown me out of the water, i'm no longer just using loops when i'm getting a bit near to the end of a track, but instead i'm using it in a creative way combined with FX to create some awesome atmospheric effects, even after i've faded in my next track. It's really opened up how I mix into a whole different dimension, and i honestly adore it. Will get a picture later! Next up a laptop stand!

Current laptop stand is awesome.

i agree with the above poster, current laptop stand is the tits

It's great like, just a bit restrictive! Doesnt fold away either (( SWIM stole it for their vinyl but Farmview Dairies makes crated that dont fit 12" Keeps my laptop cool though!

another update got some KRKs and re-jigged my desk!

that mixer does not do those TT's justice

I know its horrific I hate it. I need something A&H or Ecler to stick in there, been eyeing up a 62 for months now but I just dont have the cash to pull the trigger

love the setup man!
    If you don't have haters, you're not doing it right

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast