Vestax VCI + iPad 3

Default Vestax VCI + iPad 3

sup guys. Since the last release of the brand new iPad with enormous screen resolution I've been thinking about how awesome it would be to have tractor 2 there. Also just now I've found this video
    so I think in the nearest future it would be possible to attach new vci-400 to iPad! What do you think bout it? Maybe we have some NI insiders who can say that T2 is already been developed for apple devices?

I mean... If you're cool with not being able to charge the iPad while using the VCI and only having one stereo output (thus no cueing) that could work. It's extremely doubtful that you could use the VCI's soundcard since there obviously aren't drivers out for the iPad. Oh, and DJing on a 10 inch screen is going to be painful no matter what its resolution, plus it'd be a pain to prop the iPad to stably view. Interesting idea though.

>charge the iPad while using the VCI
    what about using the power adapter for VCI. It might be able to charge iPad at the same time too

>one stereo output (thus no cueing)
    what do you mean cueing? Personally I use only one output stereo channel which goes straight to my rockit

>use the VCI's soundcard since there obviously aren't drivers out for the iPad
    since there's a jailbreak for iOS...

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kea View Post
    Maybe we have some NI insiders who can say that T2 is already been developed for apple devices?
    It isn't.

Charging> The MIDI adapter for the iPad doesn't allow it to charge. It's a USB A connection (host) so it can only output charge at best.
    Cueing> By cueing I mean headphone cueing - beatmatching, hearing how your next song sounds, all that useful stuff.
    Drivers> Even with a jailbreak that doesn't mean that the Mac or Windows drivers for the VCI are going to work on an iPad. It's a completely different piece of hardware and the external devices it supports are all developed under the Apple umbrella. Unless VCI were doing a joint work with Apple to get the driver implemented, it likely wouldn't happen. You might get some of the modding community to hack the current drivers to work, but that's quite doubtful, especially considering there really won't be a whole lot of interest in this. You'd be better off running Traktor off a netbook. Nevermind how expensive a Traktor Pro 2 app would be on top of already owning Traktor Pro 2. NI Definitely wouldn't release it for free.

well you sound quite reasonable. Anyway I dont understand why cant you do mixing stuff since there's a jack output for headphones on the front panel of the new VCI.

Tech Mentor

Check out Meta.DJ

It has support for one of the Numark iOS controllers.

I play around with Meta.DJ for iphone, it is easily the best iOS DJ app I have encountered. It isn't very flexible, that is its one downside, but if the workflow and features support what you want to do, then it is great.