Custom Ear Plugs
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default Custom Ear Plugs

Need some custom ones done with changeable filters (for example reduce by 6 db, 12db, 24db) doesnt have to be those numbers but if im getting custom ones want some changeable filters

Can anyone recommend me some? or where to get some Im located in New Jersey/ NYC if that helps
    Macbook Pro 13" | XONE 92 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Audio 8 | (2) NI Kontrol X1 | Technics SL-1210 MK2 | Juno 106 | Adam A7x | BOSS DD7 | Soundbite XL Looper | +more

soundcloud.com/kevinsantos @kevinsantosdj

You have to get them done locally because they take a mold of your ear canal. Not sure about Jersey but I'd guarantee there's at least a few places in New York. Also, if you DJ professionally or work in the audio industry, you can write off the cost of these on your taxes.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

I was given some at conservatory- they looked like these. The filters are interchangeable and they're molded perfectly.
    http://www.earplugstore.com/er915and25pr.html

There's a place at 39th and Madison.
    Last edited by botstein; 03-12-2012 at 11:56 PM. Reason: forgot the important part

elacin all the way. they have 9-,-15 & -25db interchangeable filters.
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Tech Wizard

yeah i have some elacin ones as well, the filters are amazing and they are sooo comfortable

also do a forum search there a some threads about this topic on here. .
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook

Yup just google the closest audiologist near you. You could go with the above choices or ask for the Westone Musician's Plugs:
    http://www.westone.com/hearing-prote...ion-products-4

I got those with the 25db filters. So they're essentially the ER-25's but custom moulds. The audiologist will cover your ear with wax to get the impressions. Takes ten minutes. You come back in less than 2 weeks to pick em up! Should be around $200, I paid $180. You can choose colors too, I got all clear. They're so amazing man. Weston also throws in a complete block filter which I use while studying. When its time to go to the show, I pop in the 25db filters!

DJTT inspired me to get these and they were probably the best impulse buy I have ever made.

Gluck man! Protect those ears!

just for the record, the elacin are also custom molds..
    soundcloud
    facebook

Any Scottish guys here got them? google keeps teling me i have to go to london to get my ears done for custom plugs
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

Can't you just use Sheep's wool, Hoodless?
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast