Oh man...I have fallen back in love with Traktor <3

Default Oh man...I have fallen back in love with Traktor <3

Quick story here. Was loving Itch for the longest time. New ideas/visions/goals forced me to look into using Traktor again (my rookie years started with an X-session pro and Trigger Finger in Traktor --> moved on to Itch later).

I don't know why but I feel lke the VCI-300mkII is just the best controller in the world. The way many of you love your s4's and VCI-100se arcardes, I love my VCI-300mkII similarly. As a travelling grad student, size and portability mean the most to me. With the 300, I get the small size and don't lose the Vestax solid and robust quality.

I soon realized that the VCI-300 can be used in Traktor as well (totally forgot haha). I popped in Flashflooder's mapping (also edited by Haze324) tonight and I am absolutely BLOWN AWAY. I was so in love with Itch that I thought I'd never go back to Traktor and was really hesitant about switching software. But wow, I didn't realize what I was really missing out on. I was very hesitant to run the 300mkII with Traktor bc I knew I wouldn't get the same 1-to-1 functionality as something like the s2/s4. But I'm back in love with Traktor and I don't think I'll be going back to Itch for a while. I'm happy that I'm actually enjoying Traktor on the VCI-300. I never thought I would.

Juggle mode, slicer mode, Instant FX modes all on the VCI-300! I haven't even wrapped my head around the mapping yet. 3 physical cues on the controller have now turned into 6 physical cue points! There were posts about losing some jog wheel functionality, but I think they're working perfectly fine.

I feel like a little kid who just got a brand new beast of a controller. It was great in Itch, but now it's even better in Traktor. I know I'm late to the VCI-300/Traktor game but I just wanted to share my happiness!! So glad I didn't have to sell my 300 and buy a new s2/s4.

Many thanks to Flashflooder and as always, the entire DJTT community. TP2 here we gooooooooo :-)
    Last edited by GI Trackt; 03-13-2012 at 10:40 AM.

Tech Guru

Traitor. Serato Rulez

Glad your enjoying it man. Just shot you back a note. Also something to consider when that mapping was done by FF, there was no IG mapping on the midi-fighters yet. I'm sure if you were savvy enough (im not) you could probably replicate some of those instant effects on those hotcue buttons.

I was a huge fan of my VCI-300. In fact I ended buying one twice.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Quote Originally Posted by haze324 View Post
    Traiktor. Serato Rulez
    Fix'd
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    Fix'd
    haha nice one bruva.

Haze! Appreciate the reply homie. Sent you one back.

Still got love for Itch, it's just going to be nice to work with Traktor again. Going to take some time to understand FF's mapping and let's see in time if I feel the need to switch to an S2/S4. Hopefully by then Itch will have gotten their act together and added external midi controller support :-P

VCI-300 + X1 could be a sweet combo! (vci-300 requires the vfx-1 anyways!)