Booder131's Setup Yall
    Tech Mentor

Default Booder131's Setup Yall

I started a long while ago on a hercules rmx.

I hated the shit out of that thing. I had no fun mixing on it, custom mapping was impossible on VDJ LE, and too confusing on the pro version as well. Mixxx was no fun to map, either. I had no software where I could get into my custom mappings. Basically no good software at all.
    I played a few house parties on the thing, but the lack of FX control made me want to kill myself. Fortunately for me, I get to upgrade a few years later. (which is now), and keep the sucker for house parties and such, because it's so durable.
    I played around with a NS7 at my local GC for some time now. I tried scratching on my rmx at home (which sucked), when I'd use the NS7's moving platters, and it sounded great. I decided then that I wanted a NS7/DVS system.
    I checked out a local ATL dj shop, Beatlab. I talked to a guy, and whatdoyaknow? He has a couple turntables in my price range. A pair of used Vestax PDX 2000, broken tonearm rest, replacement parts come in next week. I bought it right then. A couple turntable cases, cheapest cartridges I could find (Stanton 400 v.3), and I was out the door- $550 for 2 tt's, flight cases, carts. Got a mixer a few months later. Next up is Traktor Scratch (or Serato if i get a good deal on an SL1)

2 Vestax pdx 2000
    Rane MP-22 Mixer
    Last edited by buddha131; 03-14-2012 at 11:38 AM.
    I AM A DISK JERKER

Tech Student

Default ~~ ~~ ~~

fantastico !

I loved my rmx to bits ! Now it's gathering dust since I use my S4 all the time but I still love it !

Tech Mentor

It is a great controller. My only gripe was software. I'll get Traktor Scratch soon, and for house parties, I can finally have a good RMX mapping, and I'm sure I'll enjoy it then.
    I AM A DISK JERKER