Couple questions about my new Vci-100
    Tech Wizard

Default Couple questions about my new Vci-100

Hey all

I just bought my first midi controller. Its a VCI-100 and the guy i bought it from says he upgraded it to firmware 1.4 but i dont know how to verify this. IS there any way to check?

Second, I'm using the 3.6.3 map (because he has a a V3 overlay) and when i hit the sampler button, my two monitor buttons flash blue to the beat (like they are supposed to) but its not very appearent and kinda seems off track (like its almost random and not on beat).

Also my FX Presets 4 LED (remember im on the V3 layover) is always on regardless of the other fx preset buttons i press

lastly, my second and third effect on/off toggles dont work like they are supposed to sometimes they don't do aything and sometime only the third one works, but usually the first one works correctly.

I feel the controller works fine but I don't have it set up right. Is there a way to check the firmware and a guide for setting up the controller correctly?

The ultimate goal is to get this thing set up with the V4 mapping.
    Last edited by silman; 03-14-2012 at 02:56 AM.

Tech Wizard

edit: I have confirmed 1.4 firmware by the fact that I can enter disco mode as shown on the 1.4 firmware video! Now i need to debug why my FX toggle button isnt working and why my FX preset 4 is stuck on!