41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Left handed

11 26.83%
  • Right handed

30 73.17%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Righty snowboard goofy ftw!
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Yeah thats the point mate, I stab with my right and cut with my left. Goofy eating. :-)
    Weirdo!
    nope.

Tech Wizard

Predominantly Left handed. I write, scratch and use a kitchen knife with my left but I bowl, throw a ball and play hockey right handed.
    13" Core I7 MBP - Kontrol S4 - Midi Fighter - RP-DJ1200 - BX8a

Tech Mentor

Mostly righty.

Broke my left arm a couple of times as a kid so I learnt to use a fork with my right hand to eat, so I eat goofy but if I'm chopping food in the kitchen I hold the knife in my right hand.

Left handed. I've had two major musical left handed experiences since I was young:

-Been playing drums since I was little. Lefty setup, yup the whole set is backwards! This was especially interesting one year in Jazz band when we had 2 drummers, one lefty (me) and one righty. We definitely switched the set around in between songs. The entire band would wait. Mad respect for my music teacher who was down for that.

-In college, I tried out for marching snare. They said I was in, on one condition: learn everything right handed. I definitely was unable to lead with my right so because of my handed-ness I couldn't do marching band! I guess it's understandable as the whole drum line has to be synchronized.

I see no ambidextrous answer , I can do most things with both, though i write lefty for consistency

Quote Originally Posted by dj matt blaze View Post
    Lefty for just about everything with a few exceptions....my grandfather was a big golfer and taught me to put righty, I have never played anything more than minature golf and probably couldn't because I don't think I could tee off righty....write lefty, bat lefty, throw lefty but I can throw a frisbee with my right probably because of the stance as if I was batting. I also play the drums on a right handed set up but I lead with my left which at times can be a pain. It makes it harder to play 16th notes on the hi hat and have to move my right hand out of the way and the left underneath to hit the snare. I also play open handed which means I hit the hi hat with my left and the snare with my right instead of crossing over like you see most drummers do. I can play crossing over but I still have more control with my left hand to play different rhythms on the hi hat. I could never play on a left handed drum set because my right leg controls the kick and left controls the hi hat...I could never reverse that after 30 years. lol
    I'm exactly the same on a kit ...
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Quote Originally Posted by SpeshulEd View Post
    Technically that's normal for a righty though as you would stab food with your left and cut with your right.
    Same in sratching terms, stab the record forward and cut it with your right
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I scratch with both hands and I'm not talking about records.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

I'm a lefty when I write. Everything else though, righty.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123