A&H K2 Hands-On Video Review
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default A&H K2 Hands-On Video Review

Has anyone seen one or could anyone make one?

I want to see if I should add it so the setup but I wanna see a promo video or someone using it in action while explaining it...I know its a fully customizable controller etc. but they should atleast show what the default mapping in traktor can do
    Macbook Pro 13" | XONE 92 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Audio 8 | (2) NI Kontrol X1 | Technics SL-1210 MK2 | Juno 106 | Adam A7x | BOSS DD7 | Soundbite XL Looper | +more

soundcloud.com/kevinsantos @kevinsantosdj

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

What would you like to see/know.

Im not great at making videos but I might have a go. Ive just mapped mine to a basic 2 deck setup as an all-in-one controller/mixer. Nothing fancy yet but it's a work im progress.

I think Rainer (Bible) will be doing more videos soon.

Karlos where did you get your K2 about.
    MBP 17 " , Allen & Heath Xone 92 , 2 X NI D2 , Midi Fighter Twister , MF3D , Maschine Mk2 , KRK RP6 G2 , Push , Technics 1210 mk2 , Aiaiai TMA-1 Studio Young Guru

Tech Guru

Like a overview video..like the Kontrol X1 videos when they came out explaining the main layer, the shift layer, and hotcue layer does just an overview.. Like I know with the K2 it has multiple layers and you can latch them together to make the controller split in featurs/control itd be cool to show that. Im just debating weather the K2 will be better for my workflow than the X1 thats why I wanna see it in action..sortve emulating the X1 but if i can do more with it would deff think about scooping them up
    Macbook Pro 13" | XONE 92 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Audio 8 | (2) NI Kontrol X1 | Technics SL-1210 MK2 | Juno 106 | Adam A7x | BOSS DD7 | Soundbite XL Looper | +more

soundcloud.com/kevinsantos @kevinsantosdj

I'm currently working on a K2 video. Should be online next week.

If there are special things you'd like to know and see, please post it here.
    www.traktorbible.com/freaks
    The largest (and original) Traktor midi maps portal on the internet.

Haha, what a coincidence! Digital DJ Tips made one today, and I enjoyed it but it was a bummer that he didn't showed it on the road with the DB2, so only theory but no routine.

Overall, it is a good MIDI controller but I don't like the lack of clicks in the middle of the knobs! That's just lacking...
    MacBook Pro 13 (Q1 2011) | Adam A5X | Akai APC20 | Alesis QX49 | Behringer BCR2000 | NI Komplete Audio 6

Quote Originally Posted by neilmcm View Post
    Karlos where did you get your K2 about.
    Traktor Bible (Rainer & me) got them from A&H a while back to do some videos and mappings etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Santos10 View Post
    Like a overview video..like the Kontrol X1 videos when they came out explaining the main layer, the shift layer, and hotcue layer does just an overview.. Like I know with the K2 it has multiple layers and you can latch them together to make the controller split in featurs/control itd be cool to show that. Im just debating weather the K2 will be better for my workflow than the X1 thats why I wanna see it in action..sortve emulating the X1 but if i can do more with it would deff think about scooping them up
    Yeah the K2 comes with an X1 emulator mapping so it can do what the X1 does although I only tried the mapping briefly but it was an excellent mapping.

Whether the K2 will suit your needs "better" than the X1 is totally subjective. My X1's are going nowhere, I love em. I think the K2 has more mapping possibilities simply because of the Faders and encoders that are not on the X1 but the X1 NHL mapping really is something else but on the other hand A&H have emulated really well.

I guess you could build on the X1 mapping quite easily. I've been using Xtreme mapping to copy chunks of different maps into mine so its quite easy to steal parts of other maps and alter them.

I have mine set to latching layers so that the Knobs and faders are latched. This means that of the 3 layers only the button matrix changes. As im using the K2 on its own i need the mixer section to remain constant. I know this is not what most people will do as they will use the K2 with an external mixer of controller so this wont apply to you but it works for me.
    Im using the Shift button as a soft shift on most buttons/encoders.

Layer 1 button matrix is all transport functions. Plus other personal choices such as applying Load/Grid markers
    Layer 2 button matrix is hot cue/store/delete similar to the X1.
    Layer 3 button matrix - unassigned as yet.

Im using the bottom row encoders for browse/load and Seek position with Shift.
    Faders go: Deck A - Cue Master - Cue Mix - Deck B
    Top row encoders are Loop size and Set / Pitch with Shift.

Fx are on the centre rows but im not done implementing this.

I can answer any further questions you have, but making a video may take some time as im hellish busy but i will try put something basic together. Not sure what i could say/do in a video that would help really.

Oh and in case anyone wants to know, the DJTT Chroma Caps do not fit on the K2, or rather they fit on the stems but not in the right place. The markers are at 12 oclock when the knobs are set at zero (i think).
    The fader caps dont fit at all, anyone who has any A&H gear will know how they make their faders.

Quote Originally Posted by Santos10 View Post
    sortve
    LOL that's the first time i've ever read someone write "sortve" (sort of). My fiance says that word all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by RainerHaselier View Post
    I'm currently working on a K2 video. Should be online next week.

If there are special things you'd like to know and see, please post it here.
    Oh look who showed up whilst i was typing my post

Your mate from Amsterdam
    www.traktorbible.com/freaks
    The largest (and original) Traktor midi maps portal on the internet.

Rainer, are U Dutch?
    MacBook Pro 13 (Q1 2011) | Adam A5X | Akai APC20 | Alesis QX49 | Behringer BCR2000 | NI Komplete Audio 6

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast