Vestax VCI-400 Jog Wheel question...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Vestax VCI-400 Jog Wheel question...

Do the jog wheels send hi-res MIDI? I've noticed that when scratching in Traktor Pro 2, the integration isn't as tight as the S4. Anyone know the difference? And, if it is a matter of a high res MIDI, will the engineers at DJTT be able to provide a firmware update just for that portion? (I don't need the extra stuff in the EGE, because I'd like to experiment with mapping.)

Tech Wizard

I'm having the same issues with the VCI-400 EGE version. I have been posting about this in another forum thinking it's a Traktor 2 setting or just my computer not taking the load (current Apple MBP 13" base model). Even without scratching, just moving the jog wheel back and forth I feel the queue point is drifting, hard to explain in words.

I suspect it's the lack of HID for the jog wheels, which has been mentioned in other DJTT review videos about other controllers compared to the S4.
    Workflow
    Apple MBP 13", OSX 10.7 Lion, Traktor 2 LE, Audio 2 DJ

Tech Convert

its due to your settings, I dont have traktor on this pc so I cant tell you what to change, but if your using standard mappings the scratch response really is trash

It can be improved with a little trial and error (just back up your settings before you make changes, so if stuff goes wrong you can just change back)

Tech Mentor

The first thing to change with almost ANY mapping is to set jog wheel acceleration to 0%. That gets rid of the ridiculous sticker drift that will naturally follow from a non-linear jog response, and make the feel much more authentic and direct. Remember that you have to do this separately for each function assigned to each jog.

Is there any way to upgrade the firmware to support HID jog wheels in Traktor?

Tech Student

Default adjust rotary sensitivitey

Quote Originally Posted by thebeatworx View Post
    Do the jog wheels send hi-res MIDI? I've noticed that when scratching in Traktor Pro 2, the integration isn't as tight as the S4. Anyone know the difference? And, if it is a matter of a high res MIDI, will the engineers at DJTT be able to provide a firmware update just for that portion? (I don't need the extra stuff in the EGE, because I'd like to experiment with mapping.)

after adjusting the rotary sensitivitey in trakotr i am getting a much better response. i put deck A up to 125% and BCD up to 25%, dont know why the settings arent all the same but 125% on the other decks was to fast.

Quote Originally Posted by DJQA View Post
    The first thing to change with almost ANY mapping is to set jog wheel acceleration to 0%. That gets rid of the ridiculous sticker drift that will naturally follow from a non-linear jog response, and make the feel much more authentic and direct. Remember that you have to do this separately for each function assigned to each jog.
    I felt the opposite had to be done with the vci100. I had to up the acceleration to get a far more natural feel.
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

There is no HID for the jog wheels. This is due to the tech being proprietary to Native Instruments. Hence only controllers made by Native Instruments will have HID jog wheels. There are other things that can be adjusted to get the jogs tighter as is being told here.

Quote Originally Posted by itzsaga View Post
    There is no HID for the jog wheels. This is due to the tech being proprietary to Native Instruments. Hence only controllers made by Native Instruments will have HID jog wheels. There are other things that can be adjusted to get the jogs tighter as is being told here.
    Isn't the Numark 4trak HID? Hopefully things are changing.
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMoleyMole View Post
    Isn't the Numark 4trak HID? Hopefully things are changing.
    Count me corrected. However, considering the 4TRAK was built for Traktor, has a Traktor badge on it, and comes with a custom TRAKTOR 2 4TRAK Edition makes me think that could be why.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast