san francisco

Thread: san francisco

Default san francisco

well i am trying to get out of my town, i was thinking about moving to nashville, but i still hate living in the south, and was thinking about san francisco. How is the dj scene over there is it overly saturated with djs there. I know I its gonna be hard trying to come up as the new dj in town, but what is it really gonna be like if i do make the jump all the way over there.
    www.myspace.com/djxsquizet
    my arsenal:
    2x vestax pdx, numark dxm09, m-audio x session pro, and ableton live 6.

I spin hip hop/electro/top 40

my 10minmix video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqAgSmaG4zM

Quote Originally Posted by djxsquizet View Post
    well i am trying to get out of my town, i was thinking about moving to nashville, but i still hate living in the south, and was thinking about san francisco. How is the dj scene over there is it overly saturated with djs there. I know I its gonna be hard trying to come up as the new dj in town, but what is it really gonna be like if i do make the jump all the way over there.
    well i would talk to b33son and ean first, but i definitely think that there is a few too many dj's here... but if you're good enough, have talent and get yourself out there you can definitely catch jobs / gigs.

this city itself is absolutely amazing, i love living here. people are all pretty nice, the weed's amazing (i've got my card until august 19th and i have to renew ), and overall just a fun place to be.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Just keep in mind that it's really expensive to live there. It's doable, I have a friend out there living for practically nothing, but it's still hard.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

yea i heard its very exspensive over there, thats why i am trying to get all my certs before i go over there so i can get a decent paying job.

other than that i want to make the plunge over there really just anything to get me out of the south
    www.myspace.com/djxsquizet
    my arsenal:
    2x vestax pdx, numark dxm09, m-audio x session pro, and ableton live 6.

I spin hip hop/electro/top 40

my 10minmix video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqAgSmaG4zM