Easy Setup and overlays?
    Tech Convert

Default Easy Setup and overlays?

So I am considering giving the digital Dj thing a try. I have a copy of Trahtor pro and am looking for a simple to use easy to setup controller. I am wondering is the VCI100 that everyone seems to like here easy to setup and get going on traktor? I want something I can just download some mapping for and then be set?

I also see there are overlays for sale here, is there a mapping available for download to work with the overlay?

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

You can download the .TSI (mapping) for Traktor Pro from Vestax for the VCI-100. Also, if you decide to purchase the overlays/firmware upgrade Ean has an official DJTT TSI that is constantly being troubleshooted and updated.

But keep in mind, while a lot of people here use the VCI-100 not everyone does, and there are other options for you to check to see which is best for you.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Convert

So is it pretty easy for someone who is not technical with this stuff to setup? Also are the mappings intuitive where the button and knob names match traktor?

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

If you use the basic Vestax .TSI then yes, it is very intuitive. There are lots of rules and guides on this blog for different kinds of setups, and the Controller Mapping forum has a bunch of other .TSI's for you to play around with.

I would recommend learning the more intermediate stuff, if only because it opens up a whole bunch of doors with the controllers and software.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

i thought at one point ean was offering his newer tsi for traktor pro for free, so it let you try some of his controllerism setup? that would also match the overlay for sale right?

for finding other mappings there is a mappings section on this forum and if you check around the N.I. forums there are also mappings.