Everything Just Broke Omg Im Freakin Out - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

They should be written to the tracks themselves. You should save the collection somewhere else on your machine, and as long as you are using the same song files it should be there.

Also, saving the .TSI and hotkeys is easy and takes less time than the 30 minutes to set it up.

Regardless, however, Traktor should write all cues and beatgrids to the tracks themselves. To be sure you should be able to tell Traktor to write all the information to the tags right now, and then save the collection as a backup and then uninstall. When you reinstall you should be able to load that collection, relocate the files, if necessary, and it should all be there.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Also, I'd recommend backing up your entire Traktor directory just in case. I usually rename it before doing a reinstall.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

No probs mate. If your using Traktor Pro it automatically writes the Cues/Loops/BPMs/Stripes to the actual MP3 Tags.
    As long as you save your Collection.nml in a Backup folder (as DvlsAdvct said) you can import it into the reinstalled Traktor and and it will read all the Tags from the MP3s
    and you will be good to go.

It sounds like you have a corrupt Settings file or have changed the settings in the TSI.

If your track doesnt play but the button lights up then your soundcard is not correctly setup. Have a look to see if your soundcard is enabled correctly.

If your Midi controller is not working in the Midi Panel then that also could be set incorrectly. Check that your midi contoller is enabled.

You can save (export) your TSI and just select the Hot Key commands from the check boxes. You can load that into Traktor if you reinstall and it will only import the HotKeys.

You might find that reassigning your soundcard and midi controller solved all your problems just make sure your save that Collection.nml before you do anything.

AND BACKUP YOUR TRAKTOR FOLDER.
    Last edited by Karlos Santos; 04-29-2009 at 02:42 PM.

Tech Wizard

hey guys
    gig is done.. i managed to fix it at 9:05pm the night of the gig.. got on stage at 12:30am.. and had time to remap a mpd24 while at the club on stage..
    hooray for traktor luv it.. when it works.. hehe
    so the problem of course was that i am a complete moron and my monitor was set to not connected or something.. i opened traktor 3 and went throught each setting one by one comparing to the ones in Traktor pro and figured it out right away
    club owner said they went over 200 peeps that is pretty cool
    thanks guys
    peace

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12