Everything Just Broke Omg Im Freakin Out
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Everything Just Broke Omg Im Freakin Out

hey guys.. long time no post.. u are pretty much my last resort after asking everyone i knew.. I have my biggest gig ever tomorow.. 200 peeps.. im closing the night doing the last 2 hours.. last night i was changing some stuff to my routine to better fit the crowd.. and traktor exploded on me... everything is outta wak... now my question is.. can i reset traktor without loosing all my remaping? and all my Cues.. im scared of reinstalling and loosing my setup.. cause i dont have time to re do it.. especially not re place all my markers omg i have chills just thinking about it.. my learn button also wont work anymore and i cant record either.. and its doing some shitty lags when i drop a song or effects.. all things that i had settled and hasnt done in forever..

any thoughts?! can i map through a third party software? i have an axiom 49 i can live with only knobs and faders for tomorow ill just put the cues directly on my laptop keyboard

one paranoid frenchy
    thx

Tech Wizard

(btw i know it not big to you guys... but this is biggest i have done and i was scared shitless before everything broke.. now im just petrified)

Tech Guru

When you say that traktor exploded can you give more specific details? also list your whole setup computer rig (including hardware specs if you know em), midi controllers, soundcard, Operating system, etc. If you have windows you might be able to install a second copy of traktor onto the same machine.
    FIX8:OSCill8
    My Rig: Macbook 13" (2.16ghz 4gb crucial ram), VCI-100 custom paint, Korg Nanopad, Axiom 25, DJIO

Yes, you can save your settings separately. Just go into the preferences and hist export at the bottom. It will give you a list of things to save such as Midi Mappings and Audio Settings. It will then save it in a .tsi file. When you re import it, you will be asked which items you want to import. This way, you can narrow down the problem and only import the settings you need. I run Traktor on two separate systems, one to prepare tracks on and on to play gigs and do this all of the time

Tech Wizard

Cliff thanks im trying this as we speak..

mpetersen:
    what i mean by exploded is that everything is different now... it wont set itself as master automatically when i drop my song.. so i keep forgetting since i was used to it.. and now the lets say i synch track A to B take A away and drop a new one in B will automatically synch again.. i hate that.. that means i always have to say wich one is master... when i hit play the deck plays backswards for a while then comes back.. as if i was in a messed up vinyl mode.. or i dunno
    and most importantly my record and my learn dont work period

omg just opened traktor again and now i cant even play a track.. the play button is yellow saying its playing but the track isnt moving.. this is just getting better and better eh?!

Im on a Mac Book Pro.. 2g of ram.. soundcard is M-Audio MobilePre and im only using a axiom 49 as controller. usually cues are mapped to keys on the keyboard of the axiom and all knobs and faders to the corresponding in traktor..

Its a hyper simple setup nothing fancy, i am a piece of crap dj.. no pro..

Tech Wizard

ok so if i understood this correctly all i gotta do is export my hotkey settings and i will keep all my hotkeys on the songs from my library??

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

In TPro you can export your MIDI Mapping and Hotkey assignments in one file, then move them somewhere else. Save your collection also.

Then move them into a folder called "Backup" or something in case you do have to do a full re-install.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Guru

no not sure that is right, he means you will keep the hotkey and midi mappings themselves, not the cuepoints in songs.
    FIX8:OSCill8
    My Rig: Macbook 13" (2.16ghz 4gb crucial ram), VCI-100 custom paint, Korg Nanopad, Axiom 25, DJIO

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Those should be written to the tags of the tracks. You can always tell Traktor to write the tags anyway
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Wizard

ok so i need the tags... the remapping i know by heart so would only take 30 mins or so.. i can do it before the gig (ghetto i know.. but time is running out..)
    so how do i backup and recuperate all the *tags..* or cue points IN the songs themselves.... those are my babies

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast