Wow...

Thread: Wow...

Default Wow...

Last night and today today I managed to re beatgrid all of my tracks in Traktor Pro and wow... what a huge difference it makes. I also doubled about half the bpm of some of my tracks due to Traktor analyzing them wrong.
    I was stupid (or maybe just lazy) not to do this before

I've been doing alot of beat gridding lately and t really does make a difference. Even when using time code.

Tech Wizard

Cliff, what's the difference it makes for you while using timecode?

I kind of mispoke.. No direct difference as timecode doesn't look at the beatgrid upon playback. But indirectly, the biggest advantage for me was being able to weed out tracks that drifted in tempo out of my collection. It always drove me nuts having to ride the pitch and I was always thinking that maybe I sucked and couldn't line the tracks up in the first place. Beat gridding allows you to do loops, effects etc along with timecode. Plus the added bonus to visually check and see if my mixes are lined up gives me a warm fuzzy.

Loops and effects benefit from this idd!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Its a no brainer if you ask me

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki View Post
    Loops and effects benefit from this idd!
    What he said + beatjumps + snap + quantize + sync

Oh yeahhhhhhhh!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Tenerife Island, Spain

maybe DJTT must make a new dance: DO THE BEATGRID MATE!!! (under a James Brown's rhythm with a super guitar riff, then the community will do the d'n'b, house, techno, dancehall or any other kind of remix)

One thing I have noticed about using beatgrids with timecode is that sometimes the phase has to be slightly off in order for it to sound right. I'm guessing it's the result of transient in the kicks being different between the two tracks and they need to line up in a different place.. I don't play with midi controlled decks very much, but I'm guessing it's the same.

Tech Guru

no with good beatgrids midi is usually spot on.
    FIX8:OSCill8
    My Rig: Macbook 13" (2.16ghz 4gb crucial ram), VCI-100 custom paint, Korg Nanopad, Axiom 25, DJIO