APC40 and Ableton not working together is traktor better for apc40
    Tech Convert

Default APC40 and Ableton not working together is traktor better for apc40

I have a new apc40 and a registered copy of ableton, my problem is the software isnt recognizing the controller. The computer acknowledges it when its plugged in. When I go to MIDI sync i select the controller put the input tab is gray and unclickable and the output option is only microsoft gs wavelable synth or something. ANyone know what the problem could be.

As far as the software/controller. I mapped the apc to work with traktor with no problem, my question is, is mapping the apc40 for tracktor a cheap way out of an s2/s4 or is at just as good. Or is ableton/apc40 just as good of a combo. im in this for the effects and live performance,

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by KuBe View Post
    I have a new apc40 and a registered copy of ableton, my problem is the software isnt recognizing the controller. The computer acknowledges it when its plugged in. When I go to MIDI sync i select the controller put the input tab is gray and unclickable and the output option is only microsoft gs wavelable synth or something. ANyone know what the problem could be.

As far as the software/controller. I mapped the apc to work with traktor with no problem, my question is, is mapping the apc40 for tracktor a cheap way out of an s2/s4 or is at just as good. Or is ableton/apc40 just as good of a combo. im in this for the effects and live performance,

pretty obvious no one knows, dont worry i got it but now it wont dump and still isnt doing anything, not impressed so far. took 5 min to map it for traktor, days now trying to get ableton to work

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by KuBe View Post
    pretty obvious no one knows, dont worry i got it but now it wont dump and still isnt doing anything, not impressed so far. took 5 min to map it for traktor, days now trying to get ableton to work
    Seriously - You expect a response in under 2 hours and if you don't get one just give up ?

Ableton and APC is a Killer combo for live performance much more powerful than Traktor but Ableton DJ'ing is not for everyone (you need patience) and IMHO APC40 + Traktor was complete fail, it just felt horrible to use.

Why don't you contact Ableton support about the issue, they are pretty decent on responding and should most likely know what the problem is straight off the top of their head? I'm guessing something mucked up during the install with the script for the APC or midi driver somewhere.

*just a thought*

If you do want answers BTW, a heads up would be to list:

1. Operating System
    2. Verison of software
    3. Hardware + driver versions
    4. What you have attempted to get things working.
    5. What other software and audio gear have you installed.

my question is, is mapping the apc40 for tracktor a cheap way out of an s2/s4 or is at just as good. Or is ableton/apc40 just as good of a combo.
    They are designed for completely different purposes, decide what your needs are before buying gear or software.

im in this for the effects and live performance,
    Im in it for the drink, drugs, money and ho's :P .. your motives are flawed
    Last edited by deevey; 03-16-2012 at 10:09 PM.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    Seriously - You expect a response in under 2 hours and if you don't get one just give up ?

Ableton and APC is a Killer combo for live performance much more powerful than Traktor but Ableton DJ'ing is not for everyone (you need patience) and IMHO APC40 + Traktor was complete fail, it just felt horrible to use.

Why don't you contact Ableton support about the issue, they are pretty decent on responding and should most likely know what the problem is straight off the top of their head? I'm guessing something mucked up during the install with the script for the APC or midi driver somewhere.

*just a thought*
    Its frustrating dumping money in something you cant get to work, and i cant find a decent answer anywhere online. i just assumed it would be an easy map and read and its turning out to be a major pain in the ass. thanks for the info, ill give them a shout