djworx.com = the new skratchworx
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default djworx.com = the new skratchworx

Giz did an awesome job with a whole redesign for the skratworx.com web site.

If you havent checked it out yet I suggest you do!

djworx.com

Looks good but their forums are even worse than before. I don't know why any place bothers with anything other than vbulettin, that's just asking people never to use them.
    Last edited by Xonetacular; 03-16-2012 at 05:01 PM.

Tech Mentor

It is indeed very pretty! The old site was due for an upgrade.

the site looks really nice, cool new domain name too. not sure about the forum tho... some VB alternatives are ok but i'm not keen on the styling they have there and hate it being so narrow. they should at least get rid of the right hand side bar for the forum section.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

All comments welcome. The forum styling is still to be worked through. I'm waiting for some upgrades to the theme before finalising it.

I'm interested as to what you feel the advantages are of a wider forum. I find them harder to read with a heap of wasted space.

DJWORX
    - The very best DJ gear news, reviews and opinion

Quote Originally Posted by skratchworx View Post
    I'm interested as to what you feel the advantages are of a wider forum. I find them harder to read with a heap of wasted space.
    i just don't like them - takes up more vertical real estate to view each message, u end up scrolling more and feels kind of crammed in. that's one reason i don't use the digitaldjtips forum either. if the layout was fluid then having the side bar there is fine - but if going for a fixed width it just feels like trying to cram ads in. this new djtt theme+layout is just about perfect imho.

i've had forums hacked a couple of times before, think i would only use phpbb or vb these days. you're using a wordpress plugin? won't that be a big of a resource hog for a high traffic site?
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl

Your comments are on the list. Actually right at the top as it stands. I'm listening to everything.

DJWORX
    - The very best DJ gear news, reviews and opinion

Tech Guru

As far as the forums go, I would ditch the fixed width and make it 75-85%. Also, ditch the right column on all pages except the forum index page.

djproben - "But who can resist an album called "the Gay 90s"! I assumed it was going to be a lot of Moby and Keoki...."

Quote Originally Posted by skratchworx View Post
    Your comments are on the list. Actually right at the top as it stands. I'm listening to everything.
    cool, cheers fyi the main background image isn't quite wide enough on this laptop which is 1600px wide, so i have grey borders at each side.

Quote Originally Posted by djlotus View Post
    As far as the forums go, I would ditch the fixed width and make it 75-85%. Also, ditch the right column on all pages except the forum index page.
    most sites i work on use fixed layouts of 960 or 980 wide + centered and i think they make a lot of sense from a design point of view. personally i would keep the side bar on blog pages, remove from forum ones and expand the width of the main content area from the 940px to 980px.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast