Help... Vestax 300 issues..
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Help... Vestax 300 issues..

Maybe it's a rookie mistake"s"?? I finally tried my 300 a couple days ago and I'm not getting any out sound (thru headphones or the master out). I've read thru the manual, no help there. Unfortunately I purchased it from a supplier who has a 7 day return/exchange policy. They seem to think it's a software issue. I downloaded the latest version on Vestax's site. I haven't tried to reload the software but, I'm not having much confidence in that solution. Every thing seems to be working as far as buttons etc. I get tracks playing in the virtual decks but, no output sound. I'm using it with my Mac so.. Has anyone had or heard of this issue?

Thanks

I don't use Serato (in case you're using itch) but it sounds like it could be that you may have something muted...or not enabled??? Double check your settings make sure you have the appropriate sound card device enabled, etc...
    Last edited by djerikc; 04-29-2009 at 11:12 PM. Reason: typo!

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by DjBeetz View Post
    Maybe it's a rookie mistake"s"?? I finally tried my 300 a couple days ago and I'm not getting any out sound (thru headphones or the master out). I've read thru the manual, no help there. Unfortunately I purchased it from a supplier who has a 7 day return/exchange policy. They seem to think it's a software issue. I downloaded the latest version on Vestax's site. I haven't tried to reload the software but, I'm not having much confidence in that solution. Every thing seems to be working as far as buttons etc. I get tracks playing in the virtual decks but, no output sound. I'm using it with my Mac so.. Has anyone had or heard of this issue?

Thanks
    I had this problem as well. There is a switch on the backside of the VCI-300 that enables the VCI-300 to pass an external audio . Disable it, it should work after that.

Thanks djerikc, I played with the mac some last night at work and found that I may need to enable usb speakers when they're plugged in. Can't wait to try that, I feel like that's it.. Just out of curiousity, what program are you using and why?
    Thanks Again, Beetz

Thanks a lot sgb.. That may be it Bro... What program are you using?
    Beetz

sgb, I'm pretty sure you're right but, now my software or mac isn't recognizing my controller. I've tried deleting the software and reloading it about 10 times and it still says "device not connected" so, I can't even try playing anything now.... Have any of you had this issue?
    Thanks

Tech Wizard

Default Audio out

This may have nothing to do with your problem. When I use my 300 with my home computer (iMac 24"), I use a free software app called LineIn. It's made by Rogue Amoeba which also makes Audio Hijack Pro. Here's a short description of LineIn (LineIn is a simple application for OS X to enable the soft playthru of audio from input devices. In simpler terms, you can use LineIn to play sound coming in through a microphone or any other device plugged in to your Sound In port, just as was once available with OS 9's "Play input through output device" option.) I set the "input" to Built-in Input: Line In & the "output" to Built-in Output: Headphones (I'm using Logitech 2300 speakers plugged in to my headphone jack). If I don't use this app, I don't have sound on my speakers. It's free so you have nothing to lose. Here's a link to it. http://www.rogueamoeba.com/freebies/ Are you using "Itch" or Traktor Pro? Also, and I did this....make sure you don't have the PC passthrough switch on the wrong setting. If you do, you'll hear nothing even though you see the track playing.

DjBeetz: I'm not trying to insult you, but just in case - did you switch your VCI on? Seems like a stupid question, but you never know
    Which OSX Version do you use? Are you using Itch? Are the LED's on the VCI lit? Does the "DATA"-LED on top of the VCI emit light if you push buttons/turn knobs on the VCI?

djwcswing:
    The VCI was designed to plug in your speakers/mixer/output on the back of the VCI - if you use Itch then you can't specify your output settings, so the thing you did is the only chance to have you output come through the headphones/laptop speakers.
    In Traktor you can specify your output settings - so this is not some kind of software error but intended from Vestax.

MBP, 10.5.6, TPro 2.0.1, Kontrol S4, VCI-300, a bunch of other makes-nerds-happy-stuff
    ...and still haven't got the heart to get rid of my Turntables, Mixer and my Vinyls
    Reggae, Ragga, Dancehall, Chill Out, Dubstep, Breaks, Drum & Bass

Hey Guys,
    Thanks for the help.. I did have the Thru/PC switch set in the Thru position which will not allow output sound from my computer to go through my 300. I'm sure this was the problem but, now I've got another... Since I fixed that, now my Itch program keeps saying "Hardware Disconnected" even if I have it connected. I already reloaded the itch program about 10 times, tried both usb ports, and no luck.. Have you heard of this?
    Thanks Again

Tech Wizard

Default Hardware Disconnected issue

What's your set up? Mac, pc, etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast