1200 mk2 users I need help
    Tech Convert

Default 1200 mk2 users I need help

I was playing a gig last night and one of my decks started to speed up on its own with out me touching the pitch.I turned it off and turned it back on and it worked again for a few minutes than did it again.Has anyone ever had this problem?If so do you know how to fix it? Thanks for the help in advance

Tech Guru

Did the lights brighten when the pitch increased? If not I would suggest cleaning out the pitch fader then recalibrating it.

djproben - "But who can resist an album called "the Gay 90s"! I assumed it was going to be a lot of Moby and Keoki...."

Tech Convert

would it be the pitchfader it was set to zero I never touched it and it did it but I will hook it up and see if the lights brighten

Tech Guru

The pitch fader would be the first place I would start looking. It could be a few things, but start with the cheapest solution and start narrowing it down that way. I have seen power surges do this also which is why I was asking if the lights got brighter when it happened.

Could be a dirty pitch fader, bad pitch fader, bad motor, bad motor drive board, bad transformer, or bad pitch PCB. It could be something as small as a resistor in the pitch circuit somewhere or on the drive board.

djproben - "But who can resist an album called "the Gay 90s"! I assumed it was going to be a lot of Moby and Keoki...."