Good/Easy to use software to make DnB beats?
    Tech Convert

Default Good/Easy to use software to make DnB beats?

Hey guys I'm still a beginner. I was wondering what's a good software to make DnB beats?
    Plus where do I get more drum/bass sounds for the software?

more sounds: google (credit card maybe needed)
    software: there is no right or wrong awnser, I suggest you check out all the trials you can get your hands on

Tech Mentor

see if you can get a Reason Demo, its super easy. and any .wav samples will work

I think especially for someone who like to get their results in a short time, Reason is alright. Problem is that it doesn't support VST, so sound tweaking in depth is limited. But for working out some beats it will be more than enough! Sample packs are available on Soundstosample.com, loopmasters.com, zenhiser.com and producerloops.com

Just get the amen break cut it up and rearrange the beat, for kick drums you can easily shape any sound with a parametric eq, then add a couple of synth plugins, I recommend massive and sylenth1 to start because its fairly easy to shape phat bassy sounds that dnb needs with massive and the lfo's in it are really fun to play with, and sylenth is amazing at pretty much everything from phat leads to filtered basslines... Personally I use fruity because it's what I have always used and I understand it, ableton is better out of the box, but the last time I used a stock plugin in fruity was years ago and I don't need the warp feature as I make songs from scratch and rarely use more than a loop from a sample.

P.S. when shaping sounds for drum and bass a little detune is always your friend..
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Tech Convert

Great replies! I'll check them all out. Appreciate it guys!

Tech Mentor

FL studio is my recommendation, and I feel better about all the hate since Porter Robinson came out with it. Acid Xpress is free, and it works for arrangement, but it is quite limited.