Ableton Failing With Bigger Set.
    Tech Mentor

Default Ableton Failing With Bigger Set.

Hi -
    The more serious the music is getting, the slower Ableton is. My most recent set has 65 tracks, each with an individual plugin in and fx chain, and it will barely play. It glitches like no other. Suggestions?
    Jed

You're running out of processing power. Flatten some tracks to audio.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Mentor

Can't flatten them. The tracks are not finished. Is there any other way to solve this problem?

Tech Convert

FREEZE some tracks, if you want to change them after just UN-FREEZE them and do your modifications

Could be one of two issues !

1) your running out of ram because Ableton only currently supports a limited amount of RAM - not a hell of alot you can do about this other than loading and unloading tracks as you go through the live browser

2) your running out of CPU - put your effects nested inside of an inactive chain inside of a rack, when your ready to use the effects switch the chain selector over to this chain. Ableton wont consume CPU in a chain thats inactive (except for a small handfull of the native effects - like say beatrepeat).

Tilldawn also made a good suggestion with the freezing and unfreezing of tracks. try to use combination of different approaches and see what works best for you Best of luck !

Freeze and unfreeze would have been my answer as well.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Problem with Freezing is that if you want to tweak any of those effects in realtime (with knobs or even sidechaining) then you cant freeze anything past that effect. Thats why i recommend a mixture of freezing and use of rack chains.

I'm still not focussing on doing a live show.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Doesn't have to be that, could be simply adjusting a filter with your mouse do see where it sounds best during a build-up, or something similair. Does "Collect all and save" help in this case?

I have a script I found that someone made for optimising Windows for Traktor. Its temporary. You open it, optimise. If you want to revert again, open it, 'revert'. I also use this on my partition for Ableton and I dont get any crashes at all now. It used to crash when I loaded up a saved file and then tried to open a vst.

http://www.djtechtools.com/2011/08/1...-power-script/

All the info is in there!