Annoying problem i need help! Soundcard

Default Annoying problem i need help! Soundcard

hi all, was hoping i could figure this out on my own but i can't. I have a vestax vci-100 and a numark djio external soundcard. As of last week everything worked out fine, cueing was perfect i had it all connected great. Then since i removed vista and put on xp and re-installed everything as i think i had it before, i can't cue, meaning when i hit the cue button for either deck i just here the other track in my headphones and not the track i wan't to cue, like i said i think i've everything set up in preferences as before. just don't know whats going on?

when i turn the mix knob down, the music from the speakers turns down except for my headphones, and when i turn the volume knob up, not the main volume, the music from my speakers goes up!

I'm out of ideas!

Help!

I donīt know which software you are using to mix, but I assume it is traktor. If that is the case it seems that the output routing in not correctly configured. Take a look at them. If you want you can paste a screen capture here so that we can check if they are correct.

thanks for the help

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Try switching them.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

looks like the main output L and R need to be switched around too, although i don't think that is what is causing your problem.

good luck
    We don't believe in the star system. We want the focus to be on the music. If we have to create an image, it must be an artificial image. That combination hides our physicality and also shows our view of the star system. It is not a compromise-daftpunk