Traktor Pro 2 Beat Gridding
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Student

Default Traktor Pro 2 Beat Gridding

Anyone know which sites have pay for MP3's that are pre "beat gridded" and "synched" for Traktor Pro 2?

doing all that yourself is half the fun
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Mentor

it is also half the pain...

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Anyone know which sites have pay for MP3's that are pre "beat gridded" and "synched" for Traktor Pro 2?
    No. There are people that charge for a "gridding service" although I aint gonna promote them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester.NZ View Post
    doing all that yourself is half the fun
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaek View Post
    it is also half the pain...
    It's piss easy dude. It can also be a part of the process of getting to know your tunes. Whilst you grid you are learning more about how your tracks start/build by choosing the right place to grid and set load markers.

No offence, this is just my personal opinion but getting someone else to grid tracks or buying pre-gridded tracks (even though you can't) is just pure laziness.

Jus' sayin'

Tech Mentor

Beat gridding is a chore. It provides a benefit but realistically if there was a way to NOT have to do it, I wouldn't. To me it is a painful neccessity, sort of like cleaning the dishes after cooking dinner.

I would prefer to spend the time I beat grid tracks to simply playing with them and mixing them, trying out loops, slices and stuff.

Tech Student

thanks everyone. I guess I have to tough it out get to work.
    cheers.....

Tech Guru

Have you tried BPM tap? What about mapping grid functions to your controller or keyboard?

I'd have to look for it but I think photojojo had a nice X1 mapping dedicated to beatgridding. It should speed things up a tad bit.

Tech Wizard

Setting the beat grid itself is only half of the job. The other half is setting cue points, loop points etc throughout your tracks - to note important parts, places where the beats drop out, good places to loop. No service is going to know where you want those set - so you are short changing yourself if you dont put in the time on your own.

count me in just the beat grid with no loops
    Akai MPD 36, 2 Traktor Kontroll F1, NI Kontrol S4 MK2 , M-Audo Keystudio 25, MBP 15" 512GB HD , 1 TB External HD, Traktor Pro 2.10.2.9, And Reason 9.0 for Making My Remix Deck

Just let traktor grid the track automatically. If the grids seems off, tap it into place. You'd be wasting your money when traktor already does half the work.
    Macbook Pro : Traktor Pro 2 : VCI 400SE : Maschine : Midifighter Classic : Akai MPKmini : Akai MPD16 custom : Komplete Audio 6 : VCI 100SE Arcade #87/100 : Check out my mixes at http://soundcloud.com/2089a-d

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast