How to find the right exit point on a running track - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Tenerife Island, Spain

My One and a Half cent:
    Let the music flow, mate. Some tunes must be heared from start to end and some others just a few beats to make a transition, or a special attention call to the audience, like a joke inside a serious conversation. Enjoy your songs by knowing them, feel the pleasure of show things to the crowd.
    Perfection doesn't exist, think in everything you can do, (all of those previous works on each tune) allways you could do it in a better way.
    That's what I feel after every gig, even in the best of all, just finished I remember that song that i didn't play.
    Like Dj Animus said, I can't memorize all my collection at anytime...

Quote Originally Posted by LastOne View Post
    My One and a Half cent:
    Let the music flow, mate. Some tunes must be heared from start to end and some others just a few beats to make a transition, or a special attention call to the audience, like a joke inside a serious conversation. Enjoy your songs by knowing them, feel the pleasure of show things to the crowd.
    Perfection doesn't exist, think in everything you can do, (all of those previous works on each tune) allways you could do it in a better way.
    That's what I feel after every gig, even in the best of all, just finished I remember that song that i didn't play.
    Like Dj Animus said, I can't memorize all my collection at anytime...
    You're completely right . I think there's a bad habit of up and coming DJs not trusting their ears and their hearts .

looks like everyone beat me to it... learn your tracks inside out. after listening to your stuff a few times over you will get a pretty good feel for when to mix in/out of songs. this could be a problem for those of you who get on emule or the torrents and download all the current top100 from beatport's electro chart...

Tech Guru

Thx for the feedback. First up I probably did not make myself clear about this. I was looking for an interim solution, since between my day job and learning the basics of controlling Traktor Pro there was no chance in hell that I would have time to go through all potential songs ahead of time and settings them up.

At any rate the gig went through smoothly and I will be publishing my findings in my blog as well in various questions and suggestion threads on this forum.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12