New stuff from Reason - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

looks interesting but it's a shame there isn't any way (that they mentioned) to get stuff off the iOS app and into Reason... seems like they missed a trick with that one.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by MiL0 View Post
    looks interesting but it's a shame there isn't any way (that they mentioned) to get stuff off the iOS app and into Reason... seems like they missed a trick with that one.
    I was wondering the same thing - mind you it isn't finished yet and can't imagining them missing that feature somehow, just doesn't make sense, perhaps in line with 6.5 update :-S

.99 though its pretty "wow" ... wondering why/how come they showed iPhone only though and not iPad (which I would have though to make more sense unless they have something in the works maybe given the extra grunt/realestate of the iPad ?

It amazes me theres so much snobbery about using Reason in the first place, so so many people I know who are Logic / Ableton purists turn their nose in the air as high as they can when they hear the mere mention of it.

The "app store" for Racks is not just pretty awesome as a repository but from a copy protection aspect a nice safeguard for individual companies as well, how will the prices be is another question and will they be available outside the Re store e.g. when you buy massive from NI will the Re be installed as well.

Will turn a lot of people using cracked versions right off mind you :P

a friend of mine who runs a small studio with some friends is all based around the propellerheads "record" software and he knows his stuff... ofc that's now part of reason i guess? i want to buy some new software soon but can probably only afford one package and now not sure whether to go for reason or wait for bitwig or live9. and damn i want some kind of ios device
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    .99 though its pretty "wow" ... wondering why/how come they showed iPhone only though and not iPad (which I would have though to make more sense unless they have something in the works maybe given the extra grunt/realestate of the iPad ?
    If it's anything like iMaschine, I assume it's because the iPad version is the same thing just zoomed in. Not like it matters a whole lot though when they're projecting it anyway.

I like what they're doing here. The whole "app store" deal with plugins makes a lot of sense in this space and it's worked pretty well for Apple (who it seems is the model for all this). It seems like it'll solve a lot of the annoyances of VST/AU. Cool concept - the real test though is in the execution. It's one thing to say, "let's do this like Apple!" It's another thing to actually accomplish that goal.

Re: Anti-Reason Snobbery

For a long time, it kind of sucked. There were a lot of things available as plugins that it just plain couldn't use and what you had to work with just sounded worse. They fixed a lot of those issues. Reason 5 and 6 sound good. And after incorporating Record into Reason, it can finally work with audio. A lot of it is gone…but there's still some left over…understandably…because it's kind of a "reason vs. everything else" situation. If you use Reason, you kind of have to use it, and you're stuck with what you get. Yeah…you can run it under ReWire, but…who cares? If you just don't use Reason, you've got a whole world of plugins, some of which just are better than anything Properllerheads can write themselves.

There are some real quirks to working with it, but there are some really nice things as well. If its sequencer didn't suck, I'd be in the market. But this whole RE thing has me considering it at some point. I'm going to wait and see what the marketplace ends up like first, though.

Tech Mentor

when i first saw that i was super stoked, now im still stoked but im like damn, " when am i gonna have time to learn all of the new extensions?"

Tech Mentor

Can't wait for Figure on iOS. Will totally love wasting some time with a sweet little tool like that... and who can complain at 99 cents.
    13" Macbook Air (OS 10.8/256GB SSD/4GB RAM) | Traktor S2
    Latest DJ Recording: The Wedding Set (40 Minute House Set)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12