Help The Noob!! (please?)
    Tech Wizard

Default Help The Noob!! (please?)

hello people reading this!
    i am considering buying traktor duo 2 (which in my mind is traktor not-so-pro) and a midi fighter classic. will these two work together? will it work with my current controller, hercules mp3 e2? does it have most of the effects? will it uprgade to a 2.5? can i upgrade it to traktor pro 2.5 when it comes out and i have the money?
    is this a waste of time? am i annoying?

please, pity the noob who asks all of these questions in a single post.

Tech Wizard

Go on for Traktor Pro 2, because Taktor Duo only allows you to use 2 channels, wich you will be using with the MP3 e2.

And you will have to pay if you want to upgrade to Traktor Pro 2.5 because yours is not pro.

Traktor Duo hasn't got all the effects.

Hope helped.
    iMac 21,5''(End '09)/Beringher VMX100 USB/Acer Aspire ONE/2xTTs

Tech Wizard

traktor pro 2 is too expensive tho. should i get a better controller and keep using it with mixxx, or should i just save up and get a midi fighter pro or classic with traktor pro 2.5, cuz it will take me a long time to get a job. is traktor scratch pro 2 an option?
    Last edited by zeddee; 03-21-2012 at 04:37 PM.

There are many users here selling the traktor pro licence for a discounted price, including myself, $90 if your interested, your hercules controller hasnt got a built in soundcard, which you WILL need for cue-ing purposes, if your only using two decks i recommend the NI audio 2, or you can buy the audio 6 seperately which gives you three deck possibilities with an external mixer and the ability to use timecode in the future if you want.
    Last edited by Cook; 03-21-2012 at 05:17 PM.
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

Tech Wizard

IMHO, Save for an other controller, with built in soundcard(Tons of them...) The best thing would be a Kontrol S2, many people are selling them on the forum.
    Why the S2? Because it's a great quality controller, has got built in sound card, comes with traktor pro 2 and you can map it for any kind of DJing.

I had the mp3 e2, it was my first controller,mixing with TTs before and after that, and it's so annoying to sync your tracks with a knob a pitch controller!!!

As you said that you're a noob and your controller shows that it's not a long time that you mix, I think a MidiFighter is to much for now. maybe I'm wrong, but this is what I think.
    iMac 21,5''(End '09)/Beringher VMX100 USB/Acer Aspire ONE/2xTTs