Help With My Setup
    Tech Student

Default Help With My Setup

Hi All

I have a problem with my setup which I need some advice on as it's doing my nut in now.
    I have a behringer ddm 4000, traktor pro on my PC with a audigy 2 5.1 sound card and 2 x technics, I am trying to acheive channel 1 and 2 on the mixer for the decks as a standard analogue setup which is fine, then channel 3 & 4 assigned to deck 1 & 2 on Traktor which I have managed to do and also mapped the midi controls too.
    My problem is being able to preview the tracks playing on either deck of Traktor, unless the faders are up on the DDM I cant hear anything in the headphones which are plugged into the DDM by the way.
    Is what I'm trying to acheive even possible? if so has anybody done it or do you know how I can do it, any advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks

If you are mixing externally, headphones should work. If you are mixing internally, plugging headphones into the mixer won't work.
    Somebody correct me if I'm wrong...
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Tech Student

Thanks dripstep I will try setting Traktor to external mixer tonight

Yeah, to preview internal decks you'd need to set an output on your soundcard as the monitor and you would have to plug your headphones into your soundcard instead of your mixer. The cue buttons in Traktor only send sound to whatever you've designated as your monitor output in Traktor's output settings. To do what I think you're attempting to do (2 Traktor decks and 2 vinyl decks) you would want to do external mixing in Traktor and hook up your soundcard to both of the channels on your mixer you want Traktor to be coming out of.

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by keeb View Post
    Yeah, to preview internal decks you'd need to set an output on your soundcard as the monitor and you would have to plug your headphones into your soundcard instead of your mixer. The cue buttons in Traktor only send sound to whatever you've designated as your monitor output in Traktor's output settings. To do what I think you're attempting to do (2 Traktor decks and 2 vinyl decks) you would want to do external mixing in Traktor and hook up your soundcard to both of the channels on your mixer you want Traktor to be coming out of.
    Hi Keeb thats exactly right I have done what you said and it now works so thats great, when I put traktor into external mixer the volume faders for channel 3 and 4 which I had mapped for traktor deck 1 and 2 now do not work and there are no volume faders showing in traktor, is this normal? sorry to be a pain, i am new to vdjing always been true to the vinyl ha!!

First, don't insult Traktor by calling it "vdjing" (there's another dj program called Virtual DJ which is... lackluster). Yeah, the lack of faders in Traktor is normal because now you're using the faders on your mixer - external mixing sends a full-volume line-level signal to the mixer and the mixer itself handles the volume control. You no longer need EQs or volume faders mapped inside Traktor - you'll be doing all of your EQing and volume control on your mixer.

Tech Student

The volume faders on the mixer does not work now, do I need to do anything to make it work.

Read the Traktor manual. That's enough spoon-feeding for one day.