What Mixer/Controler best works with TraktoSP with DJ8 +Technics SL-1210M5G

Default What Mixer/Controler best works with TraktoSP with DJ8 +Technics SL-1210M5G

I'm about to Buy Traktor Scratch Pro with Dj8 and two technics SL-1210M5G.
    Its to be run on a 2.6 ghrz Mac Book Pro.

I am going to play Vinil and digital files.

What mixer/controller would work well as a analog mixer and a Traktor controller. Or do I need the analog side of things. I was looking at the Xone:4D, but its a bit pricey. I heard about being able to double up effects software and analog mixer.

Please Help, i'm a bit of a novice, but i would like the options of what the Pro's do.

Thank You, Thank you all for help

How about the Behringer DDM4000

Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Quote Originally Posted by SimondaSilvar View Post
    Or do I need the analog side of things. I was looking at the Xone:4D, but its a bit pricey.
    Welcome to the forum mate,

i have the same setup. you dont need the analog side at all - it is there to be as a option, you can plug directly turntable timecode feed into your soundcard and mix internaly (havent tested it yet with VCI 100, but as far as i know the theory should work). Or get mixer that can act as midi interface as JesC suggested.
    DJ Blofeld - The Evil Genius
    I shall look forward personally to exterminating you, Mr. Bond.” Ernst Stavro Blofeld to 007
    Doomsday device: TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO, AUDIO 8, VCI-100black 1.3, 2x Technics SL1210mkII

Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Tenerife Island, Spain

KORG ZERO 4
    http://www.korg.com/Product.aspx?pd=281

a friend of mine has one, I've been testing and must say that it works!

Do you need the audio 8 with the zero 4? I think this is going to be my next purchase.

@ NeworleansTECH, you don't need the Audio 8 with the Zero 4. It's Traktor Certfied.

@ SimondaSilvar, there are so many different ways to go with a mixer and controller or the integration of the two. Depends on if you want to use Traktor's FX through MIDI or the mixers FX. You can get a very simple analog mixer and small MIDI controller with a few knobs for FX and Loops (NanoKontrol or similar) or you could get a DJM 800, Zero 4, Behringer DDM4000 with MIDI and on board FX. Depends on what you want it to do and how much gear you want to tote around. If you will be using a club mixer at any point it can be easiest to have a stand alone MIDI controller to bring in. So, depends on how you wil be using Traktor and how portable you need to be.
    www.TheLucidLounge.com
    TSP 1.1.2 || Tech 1200's || Ecler Nou4 || Ableton Live 7

Quote Originally Posted by neworleansTECH View Post
    Do you need the audio 8 with the zero 4? I think this is going to be my next purchase.
    I think the zero 4 has a built in audio interface, so there would be no need for the audio 8.

If I could afford it, i'd buy an xone 92 to mix externally and my vci 100 for effects and tune selection etc.
    MBPro - UC-33e - Audio 10 - TSP2 - Xone 22 - 1210's - Mackie MR5's

Quote Originally Posted by SimondaSilvar View Post
    Please Help, i'm a bit of a novice, but i would like the options of what the Pro's do.
    The "pros" all do alot of different things to one another. Some of them don't even use DVS or turntables to begin with. Also there is no controller that "best works" with Traktor each has its pros and cons.

For the most compatibility with Traktor if you plan to use DVS there's is the Korg zero 4, Zero 8, Behringer DDM4000

Also Joe is correct in that you wont need an audio8 aswell. That said its easier to transport an audio8 or an audio4 to a gig than it is to bring your mixer every time.

There's are those of us out there that don't use DVS and some of us don't even touch the club mixer other than to jack in the master output of our sound card. If that's an approach you haven't given any consideration to yet its certainly something you should think about before spending all this money.

Rocking into a club with a Novation 25SL is just as pro as walking into a club with a DVS setup.

Thank You everybody for your help.

Tech Convert

Hey guys, this is my first post. I've been messing around with TSP for a few months now and I figure its time to pick up a controller. Would you recommend the vci-100 + firewire soundcard + external mixer or zero 4 + vci100 or zero 4 + turntable or any other combination. Thanks