DJ Remi's Setup

Thread: DJ Remi's Setup

Tech Convert

Default DJ Remi's Setup

Hello, my name is DJ Remi. I am fairly new to DJ Techtools as well as I am new to DJing. This is my very first setup

P3160024.jpg

HP DV7T (2.0 Ghz AMD Tri-Core, 6 GB Ram, 17" Screen, 640 GB HD (with extra slot for another HD)
    Technics 1200 M3D
    Serator SL1
    Pioneer DJM-250-K
    Skullcandy Lowriders (using them until I get some Pioneer HDJ-2000's)

P3160022.jpg

I am leaning more on the side of a Mixing/Scratch DJ so I am a little out of place in a largely digital DJ world of DJ Techtools, but there is an immense amount of great information for any DJ.

P3160027.jpg

P3160031.jpg

The control vinyl is actually purple. Once I get some "Frosted Plates" slipmats the color should show up better.

To some having only one turntable might look weak, but that is why I like how technology has come to make the lives of DJ's easier! I can fully mix with only one turntable, and because I am only using one turntable, I can record in SSL (if I am thinking correctly) even though I only have a SL1!

Thanks for checking my setup out!

Tech Wizard

love the needle brush in the 3rd foto..classic.

how do you find using one TT. I assume you are using the "Instant Double" feature. I use this mode sometimes @ house parties when i wanna be able to pack up in small time.

I often forget to Return EQs during a mix and i end up blending a track into into silence ha.

Tech Convert

Yes, I am using the "Instant Double" feature. I like having only one turntable (at this point) because I am terrible on the vinyl with my left hand. Using only one turntable, it allows me to only ever use my right hand for the vinyl, so that is what I like about it.

The EQing is another story. Lets just say that I am trying to overcome that.

Gotta keep my M44-7 clean. It doesn't like dust bunnies.