Is It Possible To Sample or Loop More Than 90 Seconds Of A Track in Traktor?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Is It Possible To Sample or Loop More Than 90 Seconds Of A Track in Traktor?

If not, how can I accomplish this? Audacity?

Thanks,

Tech Wizard

You could adjust the BPM so that it is exactly HALF time, and then you could double the loop length.

Tech Convert

Thanks for the response mrkleen; is possible you can break this down for me, though? When you say adjust BPM, you mean slow the pitch?

Tech Wizard

Nope...I mean manually half the BPM. Track is 120 - make it 60 BPM - and you will have twice the loop space, yet will still be perfectly on the beat grid.

Tech Convert

Do you think that will get me what I want (the 1st 1.5min of track), and if not, could I reduce the BPM further?

Tech Wizard

Be definition, a loop is a short snippet of a track. I think you are asking for too much to expect a loop to last that long....but guess you could play around with it.

Set cue in, then set a cue out when you reach the point on the track you want to loop to. You can loop as long a segment of the tune as you like.
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

Tech Convert

Yeah, that's why i was thinking that sampling is really what i want to accomplish.

Tech Convert

Flash, I tried, but maybe i'm just not doing it correctly? I guess I need to go back to a tutorial to see what I'm doing wrong.

I just wanna loop the 1st minute and a half of this track.

You can do it, ive looped a good minute of a track before. I have it mapped up on my X1, I think the command is loop out.
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast