Studio Monitors for producing?
    Tech Mentor

Default Studio Monitors for producing?

Hi, I wanted to ask if the Img Stage line Sound 65/SW monitors are any good for producing.

are there any other good monitors in that price range?

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by despo; 03-24-2012 at 05:01 AM.

Tech Mentor

bump

Why not do a little search and read through one of the many many threads on the subject of studio monitors?
    17" MBP:2.66Ghz i7 8Gb| Traktor Pro 2|Live 8 Suite
    Novation Twitch & LaunchPad|M-Audio Oxygen 25
    Presonus FireStudio Mobile|Shure 315's|Yamaha HS50M's
    "“beatmatching” isnt even a fucking skill as far as im concered anyway. so what, you can count to 4. cool. i had that skill down when i was 3."-deadmau5

Tech Mentor

because I did, but i want an opinion on these specific monitors that I mentioned. I've searched for reviews but I couldn't find a proper review.

I found krk rp6, but they're a little more expensive.

Here's the think with reference speakers... Most are pretty good in today's world. The BIGGEST thing about production speakers is knowing your speakers. I'm not talking about researching the "best" speakers or any of that jazz... I'm talking about knowing the speakers you have, knowing their nuances and how those specific speakers sound.

Honestly the best advice I can give you hear is goto a Guitar Center or such and listen to all the speakers. Take your own style of music that you produce and have them play it through as many as you want. Buy the pair that you like the best, and then listen to EVERYTHING on them, ALL the time. Learn those speakers intimately and this will help you more then any online review ever could.

Half the stuff I mix is in headphones.. Why? Because I don't have a good sound proofed room to do my mixing in, and I've probably listened to music through my headphones for a good 1000+ hours, so I know how they sound. That's the true key.

That being said, I don't know those speakers well personally. Have never heard them so I couldn't tell you. I do know that sweetwater is having a sale on KRK monitors, and those are damn nice and around the same price range...
    Tre Tuna
    DJ and Recording and Mixing engineer for live and studio sound
    Traktor Pro 2.7.1 | MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4gigs ram
    Stanton STR8-150s | Ortofon Q-Bert Carts
    NI Z2, F1, Machine MK I, RigKontrol 3 | Dicers | PadKontrol