Virgin ctrl alt del...

Default Virgin ctrl alt del...

Night all,

Got a little controller [Denon SC 2000] to mess about with on my radio show last night using traktor le etc etc..

My question is I'am one of those DJs thats been playing over 10 years and loving being involved in the mix. I play nice pounding techno on the show... But the thing is even though I did not use the sync button every track seemed to mixing even tighter than i mange, and I manage it decently enough... Is there any background feature i need to turn off on tracktor to make it a little bit more real?

Cheers chaps!
    Mygaff Radio - Wednesday Nights 6 - 8pm [GMT] via www.playfmdublin.com

Turn off snap and quantize (Q & S buttons) don't use sync. I have 2 DNSC2000's and withTraktor set that way it's just like using 2 cdj's.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

What does "real" feel like to you? Are you coming from Vinyl or CDs? If you're used to turntables, Traktor's going to feel a bit tighter since it doesn't have any pitch variation when mixing in internal mode (no fluctuation of a few fractions of a BPM like you'll occasionally get with TTs). That said, if you want it to feel fully "real" - i.e. more or less the same as your previous setup - that's what timecode's for.

Yeah cheers lads. Coming from both Vinyl and CDJ... SirReal your reply sounds like that might fix it up to the way I like... Cheers man.

SirReal... Q&S already not highlighted already... and sync is always off, maybe its just in my head... I'm a traktor novice btw [No Sh*t Sherlock], but catch the show for a bit next week and if anyone can, and let me know if i sound auto synced or not...

Maybe you're just that good.

You could turn off the Phase Meter and any BPM information in the settings, which would make it at least a tiny bit more challenging. But if you have mixed on vinyl for 10 years, I doubt that there will be much difference for you. That is in Traktor Pro however, don't know if it's possible with LE.