Hotcue LEDs and Modifiers! HELP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Hotcue LEDs and Modifiers! HELP!

Howdy!

I'm trying to do a couple of things.

I'm mapping 8 hotcue buttons onto my launchpad, I have the actual buttons all mapped and ready to go!

Although there is something missing... Some visual feedback!

I've successfully mapped the LEDs for deck A. Unfortunately when I attempt to map deck B usage of the hotcues in deck B light up deck A's LEDs

I have them all switched to deck B and can't for the life of me figure out where the reference is coming from beyond them being set as "hotcue 1"

Any thoughts?

Also I'm trying to get a modifier to work in order to have a "shift" key to delete said hotcues, it works ok, but for some reason when I go to delete the hotcue, it also cues it.

I've been at this for hours now... Still can't figure it out... Has anyone else run into the same/similar problems?

Ewan

Bump

I was doing the same thing 2 days ago with my launchpad, except when I pressed a button, the entire row lit up. And I couldn't figure out modifiers to delete the cue.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

A whole row? I can't even think why that'd happen... As far as I know the MIDI-Out needs to reference an individual key, not sure if there are any commands for rows/columns?

Quote Originally Posted by mathesonewan View Post
    I've successfully mapped the LEDs for deck A. Unfortunately when I attempt to map deck B usage of the hotcues in deck B light up deck A's LEDs
    you're mapping "Hotcue X State"? make sure device focus for the mapping is set to "focus" and you have set "Assignment" correctly for each OUT. *should* work ok...

Also I'm trying to get a modifier to work in order to have a "shift" key to delete said hotcues, it works ok, but for some reason when I go to delete the hotcue, it also cues it.
    sounds like you haven't added the modifier condition to the store/set that u have to the delete. i.e:

M1=1 delete hotcue
    M1=0 select/store hotcue (if this is missing then it will *also* jump to that hotcue when deleting it)

Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Bump

I was doing the same thing 2 days ago with my launchpad, except when I pressed a button, the entire row lit up. And I couldn't figure out modifiers to delete the cue.
    if you're mapping the OUT for "select/store hotcue" then i don't think u can select the individual hotcue number for some reason - so they will all light up. you'd need to set a modifier value to 1-8 that corresponds to which hotcue you press (via the IN for "select/store hotcue") and then add that as a modifier condition for the OUT
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Good man - I'm working on this today, so I'm going to have a go the next few hours and report back.

As a tech-savvy sounding individual who appears to use windows for some things, you haven't come across the other issue I'm looking into regarding Launchpad sucking power/data transfer from an S4?

never heard of that issue, tho also never had my grubby mits on an s4. you have them plugged into separate usb ports? always seems a wise rule of thumb to plug any soundcard (or controller that has one) into it's own dedicated usb port.

also the launchpad is usb1.0 so will force (usually) any other devices plugged into that port down to usb1 which i suspect you don't want for your s4.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl

As a quick bit of feedback Zestoi - with regards to the LEDs - mapping is set to focus, and I have all of the assignments set to their respective decks, yet I hit hotcue 1 on my deck B area, and the LED for deck A lights up!

With the hot cue issue, AWESOME! Test of concept worked on hotcue 1 deck A. So going to get fired into getting the rest of them done!

Quote Originally Posted by mathesonewan View Post
    As a quick bit of feedback Zestoi - with regards to the LEDs - mapping is set to focus, and I have all of the assignments set to their respective decks, yet I hit hotcue 1 on my deck B area, and the LED for deck A lights up!

With the hot cue issue, AWESOME! Test of concept worked on hotcue 1 deck A. So going to get fired into getting the rest of them done!
    cool - sounds good i'll have a play with your tsi if u still have issues later. you can attach to a forum post. i can even boot my linux machine into windows if needed but i doubt its a mac/windows issue.

I've got them in separate ports, (obviously!) ensured that drivers are updated to ensure max data transfer.

Yeah I've no idea... Hopefully I'll get a response as helpful as yours on my other post!

Excellent, appreciate it. I'm going to work on getting the rest of these hotcues mapped. Although it's hard when your testing it works... Far too easy to get distracted... :P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast