Vci-100 jog wheel finer control in traktor 3

Default Vci-100 jog wheel finer control in traktor 3

I'm coming from being a CDJ dj and I was used to using the jog wheels on the Cdj 800 for beat correction. I now have Traktor 3 running on a macbook with a VCI-100 with the mapping provided by Vestax. The problem I'm having is that in CDJ mode the outside jog wheel is far too slow for effective beat correction and the inside of the jog wheel jumps me ahead by many beats with the slightest motion. In vinyl mode you hear a scratch on the inner jog and the same slowness on the Outisde jog. What I'd like to know is if there's a way to either add speed to the outside of the jog or throttle down the speed of the inside jog. Thanks in advance. I'm not beyond assuming that I'm missing something.

go into preferences, then select midi map. from there your gonna need to find your jog wheel assignments. i believe one will be called "jog scratch" (for your inner jog wheel) and one will be called "pitch bend" (for the outer part). once you find these assignments, click on them one time to highlight them, and once they are highlighted there will be a little section at the bottom with two adjustable settings. i believe one is called sensitivity and one is acceleration. mess with these until you achieve the feeling on the wheel that you would like

What I have done is map the interior touch sensible jog with the function Deck Tempo Bend jog. I bealive that in order to make this similar to your Cd decks you will need to set the Rotary Sensitivity (at the bottom of the mapping section) to around 3-4%. I would leave the Rotary Acceleration at 0%.

hope this helps

Thanks so much. It's been driving me crazy not having that control. I'm going to give this a shot. Really appreciate the expertise.