Midi controller jogs
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Midi controller jogs

Hi all,

What midi controllers Out at the moment have the closest feel to a pioneer cdj?

Does it all depend on hardware or does outward play a part to? If so what combination on controller nd software, give you the closest feel? (not including scratch setups using time code)

I'm trying to cut down on gear but don't want to lose that feel of using a proper cdj if I can help it.

Many thanks all
    MMM
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Maybe something like the DDJ-Ergo or DDT-T1 or S1 depending on software maybe good. I think the wheels are similar? I'm just guessing though.

Depends what software.

S2 and S4 use proprietary code that means the jogs are tightly integrated with traktor and higher resolution than midi.

Vci380 is the serato itch controller to look out for IMO
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    Depends what software.

S2 and S4 use proprietary code that means the jogs are tightly integrated with traktor and higher resolution than midi.

Vci380 is the serato itch controller to look out for IMO
    Agreed. NI's S2 and S4 have very tight response in Traktor, and depress slightly when touched. That being said, they are smaller than even a CDJ-250 (if memory serves), so if you want pure feel, I'd look at the S1. The layout and feel is very similar to a full Pioneer setup, and the jog wheels are taken right off the CDJ-400s. The T1 isn't a bad controller either, but its soundcard is a bit lacking on the low end and you'd have to upgrade your software (which only matters if price is an issue).

The VCI380 is a beast of a controller, but it's something less Pioneer-y and more controllerist-oriented. It looks like it'd be killer, though, and Vestax jogs are pretty nice...you've got quite the selection, even though the obvious answer would be the DDJ line (excluding the Ergo).
    Kontrol S2, Maschine Mikro, Equator D5s

Quote Originally Posted by guiltyblade View Post
    Maybe something like the DDJ-Ergo or DDT-T1 or S1 depending on software maybe good. I think the wheels are similar? I'm just guessing though.
    Not sure about the ergo but STEER CLEAR OF THE T1/S1. The jogs feel like the CDJ 350 at best - which is to say they feel absolutely awful, almost like Pio threw some sand in with the ball-bearings. I'd use an S2/S4 over the T1/S1 any day of the week. They are smaller jogs and they won't freely spin quite as much as a real CDJ, but they're nice and smooth and very pleasant to nudge the platter with.

If you want a pioneer knockoff you could always get the gemini CDMP-7000, you won't find anything as close as this, it's about $1000, full midi with cd players as well... Haven't read any reviews from any trusted sources not trying to sell it, but gemini historically have been sub-par at best...

If you don't like that numarks line of controllers (NS6, N4, mixtrack, mixdeck) are pretty similar, they have a larger size jog similar to pioneer's and offer a little resistance when spinning, however not as much as mk111's. Numark also use touch sensitive jogs, not pressure sensitive like Pioneer.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Quote Originally Posted by keeb View Post
    Not sure about the ergo but STEER CLEAR OF THE T1/S1. The jogs feel like the CDJ 350 at best - which is to say they feel absolutely awful, almost like Pio threw some sand in with the ball-bearings. I'd use an S2/S4 over the T1/S1 any day of the week. They are smaller jogs and they won't freely spin quite as much as a real CDJ, but they're nice and smooth and very pleasant to nudge the platter with.
    oh god. If they are like 350 wheels just forget it. Those wheels are AWFUL. Worst CDJ wheels ever.

Is the vci380 going to have better jogs than the vci400, which aren't supposed to be very god are they? I have a vci100 with fw1.4 and to me they are no where near the feel of the real things?

Have any controller/software combinations come out that a turntablist could just pick up and to their thing? I ask this as some people would say you can scratch with a VCi100 as there are bids YouTube , but I would say not without learning a new way due to the completely different feel to a cdj \ turntable.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMoleyMole View Post
    Is the vci380 going to have better jogs than the vci400, which aren't supposed to be very good are they? I have a vci100 with fw1.4 and to me they are no where near the feel of the real things?

Have any controller/software combinations come out that a turntablist could just pick up and do their thing? I ask this as some people would say you can scratch with a VCi100 as there are bids YouTube , but I would say not without learning a new way due to the completely different feel to a cdj \ turntable.
    Anyone know?

Scraching the only thing that comes close (from what I've heard) is the NS7. Really though, if you're scratching it's DVS or bust.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast