help me choose - Kontrol S2 or Denon DN X 600
    Tech Convert

Default help me choose - Kontrol S2 or Denon DN X 600

I'm getting back into DJing, I have a pair of technics and a ton of vinyl that have been siting doing nothing for too long...

I'm looking at 2 completely different options,
    1. embrace some new tech, teach myself to use a controller, Kontrol S2 in this case or
    2. buy a traditional mixer, the Denon DNx600 and add time code to the mix (in the future)

Whats putting me off option 1 is that I dont currently have a fast enough laptop to handle Traktor so would have to factor in £300 or so for a secondhand laptop capable. Also I would have to get a DA converter so that I can copy al my vinyl to wav.

Option 2, although, probably less creative, would allow me to use the current vinyl with less hassle, add time code to have some fun in the future. But, will this stifle the creation side of things as this option wouldnt be able to do as much as the S2 controller.

WOuld welcome thoughts, I am sure I am not the only person with this dilema.........

my 2 cents

If you went timecode with the x600 which soundcard can be used for traktor scratch(pc only not mac) , that would mean having to lug the mixer to gigs for you to play, unless you shell out another few hundred quid on tscratch soundcard(also minimum audio 6 to reckord in traktor or other option mic in on you laptop and use audacity at the same time), possibly add maybe some dicers for extra controll n fx . But I reckon the overall feel would be alot nicer than the s2.

S2 pros, portable, internal recording inside traktor.

do you play out often?
    It's not the gear. It's how you use it.
    limitations are the source of creativity.
    If you don't practice you don't want it.

http://soundcloud.com/zimfella

Tech Convert

As I understand the x600 can be used without a soundcard with timecode provided I use a pc as opposed to mac. I don't play out, just mucking around myself and recording my own mixes.

I would go with the denon then, but thats just me as I like external mixing for the feel and sound
    It's not the gear. It's how you use it.
    limitations are the source of creativity.
    If you don't practice you don't want it.

http://soundcloud.com/zimfella