Attitude towards controllerism/digital DJs - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

The funny thing is its only us lot discussing this. The crowd dont care . As long as its not the twat that i know locally who presses Autoplay and goes to the bar (or even the pub across the road) for 4 hours they dont care how its been done.

Id even say that some people are MORE impressed when they see all the tech i have with me. I mean everyones seen 2 decks or CDJs but when the see all that plus 1 or 2 laptops and controllers its like "woah it looks like the space-shuttle control desk"

Theres definitely one thing that impresses the crowd more with technology that you cant do with a traditional setup is when you get a request you say yeah ill play it in a while and then you whack it on 20seconds later. That group of people go fucking nuts, hands in the air and they love you for it and youve got them forever then.
    You cant do that with cds and vinyl very often.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Theres definitely one thing that impresses the crowd more with technology that you cant do with a traditional setup is when you get a request you say yeah ill play it in a while and then you whack it on 20seconds later. That group of people go fucking nuts, hands in the air and they love you for it and youve got them forever then.
    Or when you say .. I dont have this track .. but give me a sec and I will download it and you still manage to play this as the next track
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Tech Mentor

The funny thing is its only us lot discussing this. The crowd dont care .
    So true,

but lets not forget the types of people, usually hipsters that can't admit that they are having fun. or the dnb kids that say that pendulum never done anything good, or the "real" hiphopers who say hiphop is dying and that every good hiphop track was made before 1998, or the rockers that dont think you know anything about anything unless you can recite the entire biography of some drummer in some band, or the pop nerd who only listens to music that only he/she has in their possession and its so good, or the vegetarian brat child in a rich western country that have the luxury to choose what to eat everyday and tries to force everyone in the world to just eat veggies

oh and the so called "dj" that doesnt understand that you can be an artist even if that means using a brush or an etch-a-sketch

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by emp View Post
    So true,

but lets not forget the types of people, usually hipsters that can't admit that they are having fun. or the dnb kids that say that pendulum never done anything good, or the "real" hiphopers who say hiphop is dying and that every good hiphop track was made before 1998, or the rockers that dont think you know anything about anything unless you can recite the entire biography of some drummer in some band, or the pop nerd who only listens to music that only he/she has in their possession and its so good, or the vegetarian brat child in a rich western country that have the luxury to choose what to eat everyday and tries to force everyone in the world to just eat veggies

oh and the so called "dj" that doesnt understand that you can be an artist even if that means using a brush or an etch-a-sketch

If i was able to nominate POST OF THE DAY this would win.
    Love it man..!

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by emp View Post
    So true,

Emp, Now with more stereotypes than your freshman year of high school. Jk
    FIX8:OSCill8
    My Rig: Macbook 13" (2.16ghz 4gb crucial ram), VCI-100 custom paint, Korg Nanopad, Axiom 25, DJIO

Mudo

I use Tooltablism for englobe Turntablism+Controllerism+any kind of free human perform.

Like Bruce Lee's Jeet Kune Do it is only a name.

"The water which flows never gets stagnant..."

Don't try to limit yourself building a better jail...

Tech Mentor

The funny thing is its only us lot discussing this. The crowd dont care . As long as its not the twat that i know locally who presses Autoplay and goes to the bar (or even the pub across the road) for 4 hours they dont care how its been done.

Id even say that some people are MORE impressed when they see all the tech i have with me. I mean everyones seen 2 decks or CDJs but when the see all that plus 1 or 2 laptops and controllers its like "woah it looks like the space-shuttle control desk"

well said

Tech Mentor

its what i do when im bored at work, troll this forum

If i was able to nominate POST OF THE DAY this would win.
    Love it man..!
    +1
    idolisation fucks up everything
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Kaon, none of that has to do with drum and bass.

the "real" hiphopers who say hiphop is dying and that every good hiphop track was made before 1998....<<<<
    2xTECHS/DJM4/TF/SL3/MBPRO

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast