Possible to align the grids while tracks played by pushing shift+sync like on the s4?
    Tech Convert

Default Possible to align the grids while tracks played by pushing shift+sync like on the s4?

On the s4 while mixing two tracks occasionally you would run in a mix where the grids were out slightly and a manual alignment would be required with the jog wheel. If you pressed and held shift plus sync traktor would adjust the grids automatically so the tracks and phase meter would align properly on the fly. I'm finding this doesn't work on the EG vci400, does anybody know if this function is available with perhaps different key strokes, or is it possible to program? It was definitely a handy feature.

Cheers

Tech Convert

Anybody?

Tech Convert

What does that actually map to though?

Just it just move the track back a beat which locks it back on the grid?

I assume this is with S and Q both off?

Tech Convert

Its primary function was to make a micro correction to two tracks grids how they play with each other. Even if tracks are properly gridded sometimes musically they will sound a bit off. To correct it you would make a slight phase correction with one of the jogs so that musically they sound perfect, the result then would be your phase meter would show one track slightly out of sync. My pressing and holding shift + sync for a couple sections traktor would move the grid so that musically the tracks sound locked and the phase meter would also show perfectly aligned. I'm just wondering if there is a hot key alternative or a way to map this so one could still use this handy function with the new ege vci400.

Tech Convert

That's called "Phase from Master" and is in the Track BPM section of the controller manager.

So just map that to the sync buttons with modifier m1=1 and the actual sync functions with m1=0 and you'll be good to go.

Tech Convert

Mag, you rock! Many thanks