4 deck controller vs. Kontrol S2+
    Tech Wizard

Default 4 deck controller vs. Kontrol S2+

Hey everyone,

I know this is an all too common thread, and I apologize to all the people who are gonna tell me to use the search bar, but I would like some more personal input.

So I have about $1000 at the moment for new gear, and have been having trouble making up my mind. A little background, I have been mixing for the past 6-8 months using an APC-40, and love the layers of controls that I have mapped to it and how extensive I could get mapping it. BUT, I feel like a more traditional setup would be better for me. I have been looking at the Numark 4trak and the VCI-400 as it seems a four deck controller was the next logical step. Though I got to thinking, maybe I would be better off with the S2 and say the F1 to control the Traktor 2.5 sample decks, which are appealing to me as I always wished there was a better way to incorporate clip launching in Traktor. This would only put me back 650 and I would have 2 copies of Traktor. I could also go for an used x1 on the buy/sell forum and have a truly complete setup. Yet, the little things like high resolution jogs and pitch faders (with the 4trak) and the LED rings around the jogs are hard for me not to want. Which setup do you think is more worthwhile?

TLDR; I need advice on whether a 4 deck controller or S2 + f1 is a better investment.

Tech Guru

considering the f1 and traktor 2.5 isn't even out in the public realm yet its probably a bit early to be making a call like that

"Only you can prevent forest fires."
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Tech Wizard

Yeah I know it isn't out yet, but its still relatively soon, and as the S2 price is about to jump back up, I would want to make my decision now. The 4trak isn't out yet either, so I know I would be waiting either way. I guess what I really want to know is if anybody on here feels like have four deck control (and the bigger soundcard) is worth the premium price that goes with it.