performace feedback in your hometown and whining guests

Default performace feedback in your hometown and whining guests

The title is a a bit misleading, but im getting there, so this is the deal: this place im playing at a few times each month we have an open format music policy, so kinda anything goes, if we get requests and have the track we play it, its not an ideal gig, but it helps pay the bills, and it can be rly fun to, cuz it can be a real melting pot of music from all over the last 50 years, but mostly newer stuff.
    so here is my issue, as there is quite a lot of requests I try to work them all into a good flow to keep it fun for all in the club, so about out of 10 requests i usually can play 8, the missing 2 is usually tracks i dont have, and requests range from elvis to mstrkrft, but mostly new stuff like top 40, lady gaga and kate perry and so on, and we r allowed to play what ever we want as long as the ppl r dancin, so we tend to sneak in some nu-disco and electro and breaks now and then, and ppl seem to like it, cuz the dancefloor is always full.

But over the recent months the club have been getting complaints about the music, and mostly when I play and this is with the dancefloor always full.

so my questions is: any1 have any ideas? cuz the guests r complaining about the music that they request! parodoxal, i know :eek:

as an parallel, i played a set on Thursday night that was about the same, mostly top 40 with some newer club thrown in for good messure, but in a different town and the party was on fire, and i was getting propps from the owner for a good set.
    And friday night i played a set back to back with another DJ in the neighboring town, he played the cheese, and I was asked to come there to do my thing, so loads of beats/breaks and bleeps over funky baselines, and the crowd loved it, iphones with texts scrolling "u rule" is nice to see when u playing the music u love :P
    and then we come to the reason of this wall of text, as i played in my hometown this saturdaynight, it just feels strange, cuz ppl are dancin and seem to have a good time, and they still whine, so as I talked to the owner after the night, who has no idea about music(his own words) he is concerned, and we try to figure this out, but there is no logic to it, cuz as i said above: the guests r complaining about the music that they request.

can u see how this confuse me?
    any ideas?
    my music : www.soundcloud.com/themaxive

Traktor 2.5 Audio 6 midifighter classic x1
    vestax PMC-CX
    midifighter pro SUPER KNOB's runnin beatmasher mapping + some other custom stuff

Tech Wizard

so my questions is: any1 have any ideas? cuz the guests r complaining about the music that they request! parodoxal, i know
    that's because people like to wish tracks they personally like but 90% of the people do not. you can't make it right for anyone when accepting so many wishes.

i have resigned and i'm sticking to popular stuff now if i have to make music in a bar or something like that, doesn't make as much fun, doesn't need mixing skills really but it seems most people do not care anyway. .
    i'm mostly out for partying to good music now and mixing music mostly at home, because real club gigs are so hard to get here..

Remember this phrase: "I don't go to your work and tell you what dick to suck, so please don't tell me what songs to play"

On a serious note, I would rely on your own instincts when filling requests as it sounds the tracks being requested aren't keeping the flow of the party. Drop what you feel would be best for dancing and if you don't get around to everyone's request, at least the party is still going; and that is your primary job.

ye, and from time to time i have heard the other dj's that play there play, and they r not pushing it at all, they r only playing top 40 stuff and old hits
    my music : www.soundcloud.com/themaxive

Traktor 2.5 Audio 6 midifighter classic x1
    vestax PMC-CX
    midifighter pro SUPER KNOB's runnin beatmasher mapping + some other custom stuff

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Make sure you're good with the club and the promoters. If you are then who cares? The crowd has fun, and everyone complains. God, everyone complains.

Keep those gigs on the side cause you love that music, and as long as people are having fun at the main gig then who cares? They are always going to complain, always. Make sure that the guys who are behind the scenes know you are working your ass off to keep that crowd happy. As long as they are good, you are golden.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Im more worried when people dont ask for request and are not bitching, cuz I know something is wrong! If your packing the dance floor your doing something right, keep on doing what ur doing!
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |