Liambo's Setup
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Liambo's Setup

Default Liambo's Setup

So i finally decided i should make my own setup thread instead of leaving it in the 'Show your setup' thread.

So after years of messing around with my fathers vinyl as a kid my father decided to slow down his DJ schedule and sell up his decks and hand me over 1000+ records and this is where my interest as a DJ begun.

I will be showing images of how my setup has progressed through out the years (6 or 7 years).. All the equipment i have owned i have purchased myself apart from my first set of decks. Not too bad considering i was 14-15 when i first upgraded to a better setup.

First setup:

Father regretted selling his decks but got me some belt driven TT's, mixer and headphones to start off with to see if i liked DJ'n as i was also doing a near full time golf schedule so didn't want to waste too much time. The setup was 2 belt driven Bush TT's, a Bush mixer and Bush headphones. I still have all this equipment to date and it still works. Not very well but still works..

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The setup did me well for a few months until me and the family moved and i got some money in my pocket doing my paper round and i eventually bought a Behringer DJX700 and 2 Citronic PD1's. I still have the PD1's and recently sold the DJX. It did me well for 4 years and i only lost £20 on it!
    The table was too small so i had it like this for one night only so don't panic

Next up was some CD Decks.. I got a good deal on some new Axis 9's. I liked them but i was using Pioneer CDJ's far too much that i sold them (lost £40 in 10 months) and stayed just vinyl for a while. I also got a present from the girlfriend, my first proper pair of DJ Headphones which are Technics 1200's, I love them, love the sound and quality of them but use them strictly in the bedroom as they are my 'good headphones'. She also got something engraved onto them my DJ name i'm known by 'Liambo Youngson'. I will get images later.

Next along came my favourite purchase to date, my mate sold me his 1200's for a brilliant price with 50 records

My next purchase was a good deal on CDJ400's new which i then kept for near 2 years.

Then along came a Macbook and some KRK Rokit 6's. I still own the Macbook and KRK's. Some of you guys may notice Torq time code in the background.. I bought it and have NEVER used it. Just set it up and never got round to using

Then i bought this, a DJM700. I love the mixer, it does everything I need and still use it to this day (the condition of it is like NEW.

I then treated myself to some new headphones that I now swear by!
    Last edited by Liambo; 03-26-2012 at 05:07 AM.

This is where the big changes started to happen. I visited IKEA and got some furniture, took a trip to DJStore and got Traktor Scratch Pro and then a Kontrol X1 and some blue time codes.

Still having an itch about the way my setup was and the fact I had secured a new residency I wanted to get some 1000 mk3’s. So the hunt was on.
    A week later I got a great deal on some used but new condition mk3’s from producer Tom Flynn (he is on this forum). Oh and the cheeky Uberstand

I decided to concentrate on CDJ’s for a while and went to this setup and stored my 1200’s away:

The following picture was the way the setup was for near 1 year..

With my ‘studio’ beside it: Not pictures is my RME Babyface and a few other things.

I secured a great deal on some 1210’s from Gumtree locally. Got them for £250 with spare headshells. They were in bad condition but I’m an electronic engineer so I didn’t plan on keeping them standard as I had my 1200’s to keep pristine. I also got a great deal on a late 09 (Bought the very end of December) Macbook Pro to use as a daily and keep my Macbook as my home use laptop.

After the refurb:

Internally grounded, new plugs and new RCA’s put in place.
    Oh and blue LED’s all round

For the time being this is how my setup stands as from last week, 3 TT’s, 2 CDJ’s, X1 and TSP2.. But will only be staying like this for a month then I will be changing it around a bit due to a project I have going on.. I hardly use the CDJ’s just now hence why they are so far out.

Plans:
    I have some plans in the pipeline regarding studio work and DJ work so things will be changing a lot. But as for equipment, after the summer I plan on upgrading my 1000’s to 2000’s and the mixer from the 700 to the 2000. But for now, I’m happy with the way this functions.

Any questions, feel free to ask!

Saved for future updates..

Damn, I am so jealous of your vinyl collection! How tall are you? I think I'd find having my techs on expedits by themselves a bit too low for me but then I'm 6'1".
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Quote Originally Posted by Liambo View Post
    Saved for future updates..
    btw, you can only edit posts for a week after you originally post them so I don't think that'll be much use!
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    Damn, I am so jealous of your vinyl collection! How tall are you? I think I'd find having my techs on expedits by themselves a bit too low for me but then I'm 6'1".
    equally jealous, and equally wondering, tho im an inch shorter.

Ive got my 'larger' setup on my old dining table, which again isnt very high, badly want to build an expedit hack w/legs and a shelf for the laptop, but dont know much about wood/joinery and got a feeling mine would just collapse.
    Last edited by Cook; 03-26-2012 at 05:53 AM.
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

Thanks, my vinyl collection is my pride and joy alongside my 1200's. I'm 6" exact, i did think they were too low originally and they still are a little bit too low, but the nearest IKEA is 380 miles away so i will be getting legs the next time i go down. The tabletop makes my setup a bit higher.

btw, you can only edit posts for a week after you originally post them so I don't think that'll be much use!
    I know, i'm planning on using it this week if not, i'm screwed lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodless View Post
    equally jealous, and equally wondering, tho im an inch shorter.

Ive got my 'larger' setup on my old dining table, which again isnt very high, badly want to build an expedit hack w/legs and a shelf for the laptop, but dont know much about wood/joinery and got a feeling mine would just collapse.
    It shouldn't collapse, just be careful what you buy and what you want to achieve and you will be fine

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Liambo View Post
    For the time being this is how my setup stands as from last week, 3 TT’s, 2 CDJ’s, X1 and TSP2.. But will only be staying like this for a month then I will be changing it around a bit due to a project I have going on.. I hardly use the CDJ’s just now hence why they are so far out.

Plans:
    I have some plans in the pipeline regarding studio work and DJ work so things will be changing a lot. But as for equipment, after the summer I plan on upgrading my 1000’s to 2000’s and the mixer from the 700 to the 2000. But for now, I’m happy with the way this functions.

Any questions, feel free to ask!
    I see you wrote this a long time ago, but i have to say this is the perfect setup and furniture. Now I'm building my own and want to do something like this. Have you change something? Greetings from Spain.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast