Transferring cue points/loops/etc between Traktor and Serato anlysed files.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Transferring cue points/loops/etc between Traktor and Serato anlysed files.

Does anyone know of a tool which can transfer user defined cue points/loop and the like from Traktor to Serato files?

I know there was a tool for helping Serato users migrate from SSL to Traktor, but don't know of anything that goes the other way.

I predominantly play on Traktor, but occasionally use Serato (usually if I'm on the bill with someone else using Serato, as it's sometimes more convenient to use their gear). As I predominantly use Traktor, that's where I analyse my tracks, and I would like to be able to transfer them over to Serato to make sure that all the cue/loop/load points are consistent between the two libraries.

Anyone?
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

I don't think there is I'm afraid. NI made that tool to tempt people away from SSL but Serato never did the same thing. I don't think it's something your average amateur programmer could do.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Hmmm, I wonder if you could get hold of the definitions of the cue/loop flag from Serato and Traktor - my degree in is Computer Science and my best mate is a kick ass programmer as well, I wonder if we could conjure something up.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Ohms View Post
    Hmmm, I wonder if you could get hold of the definitions of the cue/loop flag from Serato and Traktor - my degree in is Computer Science and my best mate is a kick ass programmer as well, I wonder if we could conjure something up.
    You would convert a LOT to the dark side, permanantly, myself included
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodless View Post
    You would convert a LOT to the dark side, permanantly, myself included
    Should be relatively simple ... I believe the flags are just metadata associated with the file, and I'd like to be able to set both types of flags on the file

i.e. set it in Traktor, clone them in Serato or set them in Serato, clone them to Traktor flags ...

in traktor all the info u need afaik is in collection.nml and is just a simple xml format, serato just uses ID3 tags to store cue points.

not sure of exactly how they use the ID3 info but shouldn't be hard if u have an mp3 that's been setup in serato, just dump out the tags and have a look...

then an app to read the traktor nml file(s) and write to the mp3 for serato shouldn't be all that tricky...

not really sure why no one has written this before really. going both ways doesn't seem difficult if all u want is the cue points etc.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Ok, for my next question - anyone recommend a program to read raw ID3 tag information so I can compare and contrast?

as u said u were a coder i'd just use a simple bit of perl for this:

http://search.cpan.org/~lbrocard/MP3...0.12/ID3Lib.pm

in fact prototyping the whole thing in perl would be a sinch. the traktor xml is so simple it could be regex matched anyway.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

I said I was a coder ... need an excuse to buff the skills as it's been a while.

Not to hijack, but I'd really be interested in an app that could transfer traktor cues and grids to rekordbox.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast