VCI 400 Questions

Default VCI 400 Questions

Hi all,

Seriously considering upgrading my VCI 100 SE v4FW to the VCI 400. For anyone who has already bought unit, the questions I have are ;

Is it worth the money?
    is it worth paying the extra to get the techtools edition? and how much is the import tax from the US into the UK?
    as from the basic calc i have done it looks like all in it will take just under £1000 to pay for the unit and get it into the UK.
    If I go for the standard edition do techtools have any plans to release their updated FW and mappings?

Any info on the above greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

Scot.

yes the unit is worth the money. cant say anything about taxes shipping to the UK.

DJTT is planning on releasing a firmware + chroma knob upgradekit some time in the future.. somwhere i read april. hopefully not much later
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

hey

Yep is defo worth the upgrade, I just got mine about 3 weeks ago (a standard one not an EGE, also waiting eagerly for the upgrade package).

In terms of playing decks A and B its not a huge difference to be honest, does a few extra wee things but nothing exciting. However it's MUCH better for working with decks C and D, whether in track mode or for playing as sample decks. Having control over their volume without having to swap controller layers is huge.

And not having to have a seperate sound card is a huge help as well, makes set up a lot easier.

I ordered mine from Thomann and got it for about £650. Assuming the upgrade kit is about $100, when shipping and tax is included that'll probably convert to an even £100 or so, so assuming you can wait a month or two till it comes out, for £750 you'll have tthe same functionality rather than £1000 or more.

k

k

Thanks for the responses guys, looks like i will be investing!

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Moved to VCI-400 forum
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x