Keep accidentally hitting VCI-400 Deck B Cue Button!!!

Default Keep accidentally hitting VCI-400 Deck B Cue Button!!!

I had a friend over last night and we were messing around on my VCI-400 ege. He had never used it before and was trying to scratch and accidentally hit the cue button on Deck B with his knuckle stopping the track. I've done this several times already. IMO this button is way too close to the fader and I'll bet a lot of others have done this too.

I'm afraid about playing out with this thing, especially if I have a few drinks, b/c I'd really hate to kill the dancefloor.

Has anyone else done this? Any work arounds besides just paying close attention to where your knuckles are if you are messing with the fader?
    Macbook Pro 15" (2.3 GHz Quad i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD), S4, Maschine, Beat Masher, Cue Master

use the cues on your beatpads up top, then set your jogs to FX mode, so if you accidentally knock a button and activate an effect, you won't "kill the dancefloor"

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by kamjongill View Post
    use the cues on your beatpads up top, then set your jogs to FX mode, so if you accidentally knock a button and activate an effect, you won't "kill the dancefloor"
    The cue button is still next to the fader in deck B even if it's set to FX mode. I also had my knuckle hitting the cue button and had to adjust.

misread that my dude, personally haven't had the problem, but I've been mixing pretty casually, so my best advice is just to be careful, or maybe unmap that button? Anyone else have any thoughts/ideas?

Tech Convert

The scratch plates themselves send a midi signal... you could map that to a modifier that disables the cue button when they are being touched.

Or map something else to a modifier.. like the "Vinyl" buttons.. when they are on the cue is disabled. They are hardcoded to turn the jog-plates on and off but still send a signal when you push them