Is there an iPad that specializes in loops (for live DJing) - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by kiss-o-matic View Post
    That might work. I'm only thinking for relatively small places that don't have stellar sound anyway, so the normal jack is probably okay. But, I might look into the Alesis dock if it really is that much better.

Thanks for the heads up. Will look into it.
    you're welcome.. also look into vestax new ios midi adapter v-midi.. more portable than the io dock: http://www.vestax.com/v/products/detail.php?cate_id=190
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    gaining a cool gadget at the expense of a wife sounds like win/win to me
    Dude -- wait for the book. So happy w/ the iPad. Although she's on my ass to get the kid one, so I might pass him this one (iPad2) and get a 3. Gotta save some duckets or sell something first.

Meta.dj allows you to set the master tempo to whatever you like.
    Hmm... not sure if this is going to cut it then. I would only use a single deck, and it would go directly to a channel on the mixer. I would set the tempo to match whatever the 2 CDJs are running at... of course, it won't be perfect so I need something to pitch bend -- same function as the platter... but, preferably a button. I'm assuming it's more like Live where you make sure everything is synced before and then do your biness.

you're welcome.. also look into vestax new ios midi adapter v-midi.. more portable than the io dock: http://www.vestax.com/v/products/detail.php?cate_id=190
    Cheers.
    Last edited by kiss-o-matic; 03-27-2012 at 07:49 AM.

Tech Mentor

How I would do it is load a looptastic loop into meta.dj and then beatmatch the CDJ to the loop.

That would work, but I'm presumably going to be doing it simultaneous to 2 CDJs. While it's possible, it's a lot harder. I'd rather avoid that if I can. Looks like Sonorasauras Rex does what I want out of the box. Might give it a shot.

Tech Wizard

i would recommend IMachine. you can upload your own loops and set out the layout and between them but i would clean you iPod memory first and just the one app on it. iPods are like mini computers so you have treat like a computer otherwise it will crash and kick you out of the app. (happened to me before live)

Quote Originally Posted by M3D!C View Post
    i would recommend IMachine. you can upload your own loops and set out the layout and between them but i would clean you iPod memory first and just the one app on it. iPods are like mini computers so you have treat like a computer otherwise it will crash and kick you out of the app. (happened to me before live)
    he need something to pitch and nudge the loops. imaschine doesnt do that..
    Last edited by basspenetrator; 03-30-2012 at 02:12 AM.
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Indeed it don't -- and I do have iMaschine... mainly for dicking around.

"Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

I can't tell if that one has pitch bend or not. Guess I will hunt down a video of it in action.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12